Vacuum Equipment Thread

Hey guys, I figured I’d start an official thread for folks looking to buy vacuum pumps and ancillary equipment, or have their equipment repaired for a fair price. My business partner and I started out rebuilding vacuum pumps on the side for some spare cash, now we’re going to auctions every month buying up used equipment, overhauling it and reselling it. If you are looking for something in particular, chances are we can find it for you. Right now in the stable we have:

(1) Welch 1402
(1) Welch 1405
(1) Edwards E2M40 1ph 240v
(1) Edwards E2M40 3ph 240/480v

Nine times out of ten the auctions we buy from are laboratory/pharmaceutical closures, so there’s usually other valuable stuff kicking around (-84 freezers, chillers, rotovaps, cryomills, scales, heatplates, magstirrers etc.) if you’re looking for a specific piece of equipment feel free to reach out and we’ll keep an eye out for you.

4 Likes

Where abouts in Maine are ya?

1 Like

We’re in Auburn.

1 Like

You guys got any ultra low freezers?

2 Likes

We do but they’re spoken for, I can make a call and see if a buddy of mine has any in his warehouse. What size are you looking for?

Anyone close to OKC, that can repair a Welch 2.3cfm oil-less pump?

3 Likes

@TheGratefulPhil might be able to assist @Boomtownpharms

2 Likes

@TheGratefulPhil can you fix it? It doesn’t suck at all anymore. Don’t know what happened. It was working fine while I was in Sacramento. I can drop it off to you.

1 Like

I can probably fix it. You might have to get a seal replacement kit if it’s not sucking at all.

DM me and I’ll send you my number.

@moveweight thanks for the referral bub

3 Likes

probably just needs a new set of seals and diaphragms. You have confirmed the motor spins right?

Yes. Motor spins.

1 Like

then i would put pretty much all my bets on it needed a seal kit. thats pretty common with these style pumps, you lose some vac or all then the seals will make her like new again.

1 Like

Thanks. Sent a dm to @TheGratefulPhil hoping I can get everything back running before mid next week

1 Like