User owned 100+ LB CO2 tanks?

I’ve got a CO2 rig the boss wants up and running last week, and I’m having a hard time tracking down even three 75lb CO2 tanks to hook up to it.

The rental tanks all have check valves…

Ideally I’m looking for two 100+ LB tanks, no diptube, no check valve, CGA 320 connection. DOT approved.

I’m in Eugene OR.

Dewar style isn’t gonna work…

1 Like

We used to have a proper bitch of a time buying 100lb CO2 tanks. I think Raterman had them but they were $$$. We ended up buying ours from Maine Oxy and it was almost like an “off the back of a truck” thing lol.

FWIW, the tops on those bottles are just regular 3/4" NPTF (maybe it was 1", check before you buy). We used to have to pull them before powder coat, you could always switch the valves

2 Likes

THANKS!!

Figured you would know :joy:

Almost sent original post as a DM….

1 Like

Always glad to be of service!

Raterman says their lead time is greater that 60 days…”but we could order them…”

Which truck did you say yours fell off?!?

3 Likes

Jesus, apparently the bottle bandits have been interrupting the Raterman supply chain

Other place to check oddly enough would be any racecar folks you might know, especially for things like IMSA/Weathertech because they use the same bottles for their N2. And they tend to own them which is nice. Again, you’d need a valve swap or some adapters to get to CGA320 I think but other than that they’d work

Bump. Still scouring the local universe…

@SidViscous: do you happen to know the tank size designation kind Sir?

1 Like

I don’t. I know it’s weird and bigger than T size. I think it might be A size but we always just referred to them as 100lbers

2 Likes