Use of Slow Mode

Level 2, somehow

1 Like

In all honesty I got the message I “couldn’t even edit” & in that moment made it just seem like this was nothing but a political bout with someone in someone’s pocket. But then I got to thinking how we’re supposed to be open source & free forum. Meaning we share EVERYTHING. We socialize, we research & develops innovations for our community. We share knowledge & good vibes. We share heart felt stories, & help those in need. Even if they have just a question. I’ve seen some members that a regulars revert to just being malicious towards one another & when someone asks something even if it’s a repeat, it’s like they’re to caught up in the shit posting( which is why I can see you opted this). But it just made me think of future threads getting this same mod, & how it will just continue to roll down hill into people either making multiple account more so, or shit posting then waiting another hour steaming to shit post more. Or could be as we envision, folks using that hour to be thoughtful & respond in a relevant mannerism.

But back to the point of this, it didn’t feel like a free forum anymore & it felt like we needed to pay a price to even be able to discuss science or share with our community. Even though it was just a test in that single thread, it was very discouraging from looking forward into other threads, seeing how the samething could come about & just start a dictatorship if you will. It’s human nature to want to nurture things, but it’s up to the nature of the human how they go about nurture.

With how willbilly moved it to level 3 access only I can understand it, but I also see it as him wanting folks to pay him for the tek, not get into researching it for themselves either as well. That was a real shit move, & then the hinderance of being able to reply made it seem like a higher in the forum had money in with it & was in cahoots. (Just speculation there.)

3 Likes

probably the low topics read #, I forget the level guidelines and I’m not finding them with a quick search

If I remember correctly it was using certain amount of likes per day & need to read A LOT. I got all my time down in under two days :call_me_hand:t3::pinched_fingers:t4:

1 Like

I would highly doubt that. @sidco , I’m quite sure, just want this to be the best version of itself that it can be. He has shown no reason to believe otherwise that I have seen.

2 Likes

Thank you for the well thought out reply. It is a great case against slow mode. You do have to ‘pay a price’ in the trust level sense of needing to spend time here, this felt very much in the same spirit.
For the record, this is a new mode that just got introduced and I did it on my own volition in attempts to increase the quality of posts. In no way was this about the tek or money.

3 Likes

No I know that & that’s why it was just speculation at first & knew it wasn’t so, it was just super odd. Like if all thread to do it to given it being a flame thread

2 Likes

You’re right @sidco has been very honest and forthcoming with everything. But it was weird as hell that @TheWillBilly moved the thread to level 3 access all upset then a couple days later this one response an hr nonsense. Which absolutely does stifle meaningful development of the tech. Meme or not

3 Likes

I worry about trashing whole EC threads for the same reason. Someone wants something hidden and purposefully wrecks a thread it shouldn’t mean the whole topic has to sink with it.

3 Likes

A few of my memes were actual hints too. Lol

1 Like

The funny thing about that is, iirc @ky_cbd moved it back.

Edit: It was him.

2 Likes

What’s funny about that? Genuinely asking, not seeing what your laughing at

There is always the ability to Reply as Linked Topic. I tend to side with OP anyways on how they want to moderate it, more likely to split comments for OP than a participant. If you want to run your own narrative in your own thread about the exact same thing, by all means.

Meaning any level 3 could have moved it back. It’s funny to me that it’s a frowned upon practice but we can do something about it.

2 Likes

Back when I had my level 3…

2 Likes

Oh Agreed. It was just wrong for him to do it in the first place. I’m just talking about willbilly’s actions

1 Like

I completely feel that. With the abilities users have to select users posting in the thread though I’d imagine the janitors could use a day or thorough cleanup on a few of the important threads & have a majority of the clean postings moved opposed to the bad ones. If that doesn’t seem plausible then I do understand as everyone doesn’t always have time to take on a task like that. We all got lives lol.

I know you’d never get into anything of cahoots style stuff I mean for science sake, you’re icon is money, that’s why we trust in you :wink: lol

1 Like

I understand, and I agree. Just wanted to clarify, I can see why willbilly wanted to move it, but that doesn’t make the actions justified.

1 Like

I’ve wanted things moved but I don’t throw a fit over it or ask for then to be moved unless it’s something I did “in the moment” that hinders the conversation for a few 100 posts & then I go back through & find each one according & try to inform a lvl 4 or up.

For the record, thread was moved at 3:45am pst and back again at 6am. Not bad.

3 Likes