USDA DRAFT RULES FOR HEMP and Legal THC LEVELS

The USDA came out with the draft of the regulations they propose.

https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/default/files/media/AMS_SC_19_0042_IR.pdf?fbclid=IwAR09eJqBQZPMGF3M2d4tFoQjJAWkp6sYzcwsZT0mh6Esk8dR80MKu4a1-2k

Some notable takeaways…

The rules will establish the total THC as delta 9 + THCA x.87 as the national standard for what defines the threshold.

Testing Labs will need to register with the DEA since they may be handling products that would exceed .3 of THC and thus handling a Controlled Substance.

Rules can be implemented in as early as 60 days.

This is going to be devestating to a lot of farmers who are currently sitting on hot inventory unless they get it all quickly processed which would be great for processors of course.

I am left wondering if processors will need to register with the DEA as well since processors are in constant contact with >.3 levels of THC.

Processors weren’t mentioned anywhere in the draft, which I believe should have been addressed since they are a large part of the industry and will be dealing with above legal levels of THC ona daily basis.

Legal clarity would be nice so as to avoid what recently happened to Alex Reyter in Oregon as officials there charged him with manufaturing a controlled substance while remediating thc for his clients.

5 Likes

So remediation labs are in violation some way some how? Does it depend on in you’re preforming Chromatography for remediation or another pathway? Never heard of this Alex Reyster or this story. Is there some more background detail on this anyone knows about? Was he collecting all his THC fractions and selling underground? Or striaght up raid and rand sack your place to hell just bc? Very curious how this is going to play out for processors.

Anyone else interested just found an article that explains Mr. Reyter’s situation. Seems that there was THC fraction waste sent with the remediated material back to Reyter. Obvious error on someones part bc it just doesnt seem right to ship back THC waste. Kind of fishy maybe? Anyways clears the air for me. The whole situation I dont see being very relevant to these new USDA guideline. However still interested in what is in store for Processors!

2 Likes

This story is terrifying. I hope he gets his assets back.