USA federally legalizing cannabis

It’s coming, clearly- Anyone want to place bets on when this finally happens and what form it will take? Congress spoke on this last week and the President said something or another that it would support the idea.

How will it happen, when will it happen, how will it change and impact your business?

8 Likes

I think it will happen sooner than later, the distinction drawn between hemp and cannabis in the farm bill is absurd and not exactly enforceable. I see this all playing out like alcohol after the repeal of prohibition. Large companies are going to mass produce mediocre product, people will buy it but after a while the consumer will wisen up, or their tastes will refine, or they will gain education and knowledge or a combination of all of the above. As that happens, craft plant matter and concentrates will blow up in a similar fashion to the micro brew market, I just think it will happen in 10-15 years instead of the 70+ it took for alcohol.

20 Likes

And when it does I can’t wait for the “Nationwide” parade!

Been dreaming of that for years,esp after watching the rest of the country enjoy it so much!

11 Likes

I cant wait until fed. legalization because texas and florida will literally overwhelm the market year round. I can’t wait for another chance to prove how savage we are as a state

15 Likes

Texan here. Waiting.

9 Likes

If Trump legalizes right before the election he will gain a lot of voters.
I’m sure he’s thought of that by now.

16 Likes

I’ve been bringing that Florida Man shit to CO for awhile now, excited to take on Michigan as well.

13 Likes

Still going to be regulated state to state, but yeah, The southeast is going to blow up.

4 Likes

People use the word craft when it’s meaningless to quality. 99.9% of grows if any size grow shwag. Black market and Legal market combined

7 Likes

The time is near!
My (conspiracy) theory: The Farm Bill is a pilot program. They want to see how mass production works, then swoop in and take over…

11 Likes

Hopefully fee’s for growing etc will go down once fed legalization happens .

1 Like

Go read up on the history of biodiesel. It’s the same book but different chapter when compared to cannabis industry.

2 Likes

I have been theorizing this for years once it’s fully legal they hand it over Phillip Morris an they start making Marlboro Mary’s for 20$ a pack making the rich richer … an then shut down all the guys who opened the doors …

7 Likes

Definitely be by state and here Indiana just like farm bill they will ban it :sob::-1::poop:

1 Like

Hopefully next presidential candidate will do it. It’s finally catching mainstream for the great plant it is. The bibke states which has been the hardest front to convince are caving in due to the fact they see more profit in sales than keeping you running the loops in the judicial system. Once finally it happens Louisiana’s will no longer be the incarceration capital of the world :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure it won’t. Right after they move New Orleans to some other state. :rofl:

8 Likes

:rofl: never been to Humboldt/Mendocino/trinity huh? lol

the torch will pass, but most likely to a farming state, not Florida IMO

3 Likes

Mass production will be their guaranteed. Unless a better geographic microclimate terrain is found. Big corporate is buying a shit ton of land up their and not developing it.I heard this from a few farmers I know in humbodlt.

Ayee home is home. Hurricane really do suck and so does our shitty politicians who are not held accountable for mismanaging money for the Swb board. I’m still fournate bc Earthquakes, tsunamis, fires, tornados are not preparable. The paradise fire speaks for itself of how quickly fires can spread. They literally had arching flames hitting from above. Also with nola my friend is in the army Corp of engineers. They have been collibarating with the engineers in Italy for a floodgate system. We’re trying but I won’t ever abandon that place. Even if i have to own the first floating lab in the south :slight_smile:

1 Like

One last note them pge fires are surely something. I would hate if my propert burned down to be bought out and redeveloped for bigger coprate farm later down the road. Wouldn’t that be tragedy :neutral_face: