US20170008870 Thca Crystallization Patent

Good luck, @J12 is fairly tight lipped

2 Likes

I mean, they are and they arenā€™t.

I think they have a pretty standard approach in which theyā€™ve shared already.

I think theyā€™ve simply perfected their approach. Itā€™s likely very much by feel and knowledge of input material.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a few secrets/qualitative analysis they do along the way theyā€™re not sharing. But I think the amount shared so far is basically saying ā€œdo the work your damn self if you wanna be an expertā€ :joy:

3 Likes

I honestly just started experimenting until i figured out what works best in the easiest possible way. I feel people tend to over complicate the extraction process. I do a few things that go against most peopleā€™s standard extraction procedures.

6 Likes

Iā€™m down to give assistance, but have spent a lot of time figuring things out on my own. The tek iā€™ve figured out is valuable so i donā€™t just hand it out for free. All of the info to do this is on here you just need to figure out what works best for you

8 Likes

Iā€™m not hating brother, youā€™re the king of diamonds around these parts. But you are very tight lipped, which all of us can and do respect.

2 Likes

im guessing no then.

so what concentration of HCL will work best for this ?

@cyclopath

Ok, so I when I ph the water back down with the hcl red oil drops out and sinks to the bottom of the now ph 5 water, what is happening?

1 Like

Youā€™re forcing the cannabinoids and other things out of solution. Just keep following the course.

Ok, so I followed to completion, I did adjust the recipe for a smaller quantity, based on the ratios given. I used half the amount of starting extract because Iā€™m starting with THCa thatā€™s been pressed in a 25 micron rosin bag from crumbled or sugared BHO, which yielded a hair under 50% of the total amount pressed. Anyway, it came back nice, only there seems to be more oil in the water that the hexane wouldnā€™t reclaim, and out of concern I heard itā€™s wise to redissolve in ethanol and rotovap off a few times to ensure you purge the hexane, however first run with the ethanol I think it got to hot and now it looks like a pinkish purple still very very clear, I took it off the heat as soon as I saw the color change, wondering what caused the color change?, Iā€™m sure itā€™s at least partially decarbed

I donā€™t do much with high heat processing, but based on what Iā€™ve read it sounds like youā€™ve encountered a ph imbalance, or youā€™ve oxidized or thermally degraded some of your thc.

Will this process extract the cannabinoids regardless of decarb ?

Iā€™m not sure I understand your question. This process is not for extracting from material, but for purifying an initial extraction.

1 Like

Simple question, THCA decarboxylates for many different reasons (heat, time, exposure to light) becoming THC, does this process extract both or only THCA?

I make this and when i evaporate the pentane wash that have the non thca, smells realy goodā€¦ they have any degradation? Maybe can be purify for future uses ā€¦Make crystals and then add the terp refinedā€¦

1 Like

thca crystallizes. thc does not.

the patent method specifically crystallizes thca.

if the cannabinoids are not acidic, then manipulating the pH to modulate solubility isnā€™t going to work.

5 Likes

I make this and when i evaporate the pentane wash that have the non thca, smells realy goodā€¦ they have any degradation? Maybe can be purify for future uses ā€¦Make crystals and then add the terp refinedā€¦

certainly worth trying. although that strategy will get you some of the terpenes. others will be water soluble and lost.

2 Likes

I will try to Extract with diethyl ether the terpens from water at 1 Celcius adding some salt to the water. Maybe some terp can recuperateā€¦ or slow freez the water can push the terps outā€¦ positiv pressure maybe helpā€¦

2 Likes