Update to CBD/CBC/CBG gummies

So apparently I am getting CBD isolate, not CBG isolate. I will still use it to make my CBD gummies, but I now need to find CBG isolate, and CBG distillate(for carts), I am still new to learning about hemp so if CBG distillate/isolate is hard to make/come by that is ok. CBC I’ve heard as well works, which would be my next option. Thanks.

https://www.cbdcrystal.com/ if you sign up for newsletter you can get a sample before you buy

1 Like

You should do more lurking around here regarding manufacturing CBD/CBG vape carts. Anything more than 50-60% CBD will crash out and crystallize in your carts. What you’re looking for is something called “Crystallization-Resistant Distillate” or “Vape Stable Distillate”, which tends to actually be CBD crude. Best company I’ve found so far for vape cart CBD distillate is Pur IsoLabs in Texas, it had a great color, consistency, and doesn’t crystallize. Can’t remember their pricing or COA off the top of my head though. Most of the other CRD I tried crystallized pretty quickly, even lower potency distillate.

CBC can be a decent way to thin it out, same with CBDa distillate, and now CBT is starting to be produced which seems very non-viscous. Still expensive to get CBT right now, but should go down as more labs start to produce it. I believe CBDa might be the best avenue to pursue right now.

Use the search bar above to search “CBG Distillate” to find vendors who are selling it. I don’t believe there’s much compliant CBG distillate that also won’t crystallize, but I could be wrong. CBG Distillate is getting a lot cheaper over time though, with full spectrum being available for <$1000 / L now.

Edit: CBDa Distillate is not a thing, even if it’s called this, as the distillation process would decarb the CBDa into CBD. I was referring to oil form CBDa produced via chromatography or other methods that don’t apply much heat.

3 Likes

@PharmExOregon took care of me on some CBG isolate.

1 Like

CBDa + Distillation= CBD distillate

Problem with CBDa is it’s harder to purify than CBD- doesn’t crystallize as easily, and winterized, non-decarbed crude usually is hot, so most people just make distillate and then remediate the THC. It can be done with non-decarbed crude, but it’s really rough on the media… needs extensive chroma before the chroma, and since its only worth a few hundred bucks a kg, its not generally worth it to do much else but distill it or dilute it

CBG does crystallize, probably can’t use too much

CBC takes a lot of work to purify as it’s usually only about 3% in the crude, so the price is outrageous still. The people doing the chromatography work just add it back in with the rest of the remaining fractions to help keep the CBD from crystallising, but the starting material has to be low enough in CBD to keep the concentration down to less than 55%. Then you have all wondering about what the other 30-40% of the distillate is (not including minors)

The ole crystal resistant game is a balancing act…don’t even get me started on what happens when you think you have it then mix and fill…

3 Likes

Good catch, I’m not a chemist so I use these terms incorrectly sometimes. What would you call the product, CBDa oil?

1 Like

Yeah- its usually CBDa dominant if the biomass wasn’t decarbed first, with some percentage of CBD along for the ride

That is what I’m looking for and already have a source for. My plan is to use under 50% CBD, mixed with CBG isolate and CBC distillate with 5% hemp terpenes.

Edit: i will be using crystal resistant CBD but I heard that it would have carrier oil added to it. What does this mean exactly?

I would request full disclosure from the seller of the crystal resistant distillate. Offer to sign an non disclosure/non compete if they want

If they can’t disclose the ingredients (cutting agents) don’t buy it.

5 Likes

This product requires a lot of processing. Hexane extracted, 2 stages of winterization, and one run through chromatography. The entire process never exceeds 70c and that’s at final solvent recovery. Before that step it never reached above 35c.

Be wary of any “CRD” with low total cannabinoid content. That a sure sign of degraded products or a large amount of cutting agents.

As said above you have to have cbd below 60% to prevent crashing, and if you want to inhale these products you should really have a high level of total cannabinoids.

5 Likes

I’ve seen a good amount of “CRD” with total cannabinoid content that’s around 60%.

What’s the other 40% of that mystery goo? I know it costs like $40k to find out everything in there, but I’ve always been curious as to what the usual suspects are with this stuff. Lipids, waxes, etc?

My plan is to buy CBD distillate, CBG distillate, CBC distillate and mix those together into a cart with 5-6% hemp derived terpenes, I’d use 450mg CBD dist, 250mg CBG distillate, and 250mg CBC distillate and 50-60mg of HDT for my carts. For gummies I would be using CBD isolate, CBG isolate.

Is that a good way to prevent crashing?

Usually its added in impurities from your extract refining process… for example i think it was mentioned in this thread that people use their “heads” fraction from distillation to add in more impurities. This allows them to claim no added products and using only cannabis/hemp derived ingredients. It doesnt make it a good thing, more or less a loop hole. Sometimes its filled with unknown degradation products as some people will take crude and convert the thc to anything they can (a lot of unknowns and some cbn) and then thats what makes up the 40%.

I would avoid both for inhalation and stick with something that has a high TAC.

For the record it costs a lot less than 40k to figure out tif some of these unknowns are toxic or not.

2 Likes

Good point. I was more referring to price numbers I saw regarding finding out what every little thing inside of mystery Delta-8 distillate, which still might be inflated. I’m not a chemist so I really don’t know how much testing costs outside of GC/MS testing for regular cannabis COA’s.

Definitely no coincidence that almost all of the low TAC CRD out there has no info on the manufacturing process.

2 Likes

That’s because they wanna act like they have a high tech solution when in reality they are producing an unknown product with a really low potency and a lot of unknowns. I wouldn’t openly talk about it either if my name was behind a shady solution like that. It’s a great route IF you take the time to further process it. Most people just distill it and call it good though when in reality it probably needs to be ran through chromatography to increase potency and remove more unknowns.

4 Likes