Undercut the shortpath market! Open source and non-chinese!

Why’s would you want round?

Flat bottoms don’t typically do great with vacuum or pressure from my understanding.

1 Like

The issue I see with the feed system is the “heads” fraction isn’t going to separate properly… Once we leave batch processing i think WFE takes over.

Good call, flat is a weak shape

With a deflag you could probably still retain separation while limiting the time in the BF.

1 Like

Hmm… I can see that issue … hey what is the goal here? Is it just pure thc or cbd?

1 Like

Yeah you’d probably still want to add batch style though, just letting the tails build up for a long time. But once you get close to the tails, add more stuff, put back in reflux, take off heads, then back into hearts.

1 Like

I think something that would get everyone’s rocks off would being able to add a really shitty crude (30% non winterized) and spit out gold? (95%+ thc?)

1 Like

I wonder if cross contamination with heads would be a concern? Though I would think a second run could clean that up.

1 Like

Ideally I’d avoid a second pass entirely, but I’m not sure how some of these super colorful molecules act. If they’d boil off separately or “stain” the whole thing

1 Like

Oooooooh… Maybe the interference I can use carbon & betonite pellets to remediate color while providing surface area…

1 Like

Come to think of it, they do already make triple-jacked reactors with overhead stirring. In a 50L reactor hooked up to an SPD head and vacuum on the outer jacket for insulation full of about 10L of crude, I wonder how much engineering it would take to modify the stirring to keep the viscous oil on the walls? Or if the reactor could hold up to that much vac?

That’s one big drawback to WFE is the lack of ability to run it with ad/absorbants…

You can definitely do that. The right impeller and speed is it.

This is already a thing, could can get all the fractions simultaneously while not roasting anything. It’s crazy complex, I’ve used one and I’m confused right now too.

3 Likes

Holy hell… Yea, just a little bit complex. But this coming from the guy who’s never actually even seen a WFE unit up close, and I’m still unsure of how the hell it has continuous feed and manages to make proper cuts. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oooooooh, kinda distills with gravity instead of against it. Not really much of a design for reflux, but I see where they’re going with it.

Back to earth though, I really dig the idea of a double jacket BF with hot oil in the inner jacket and vacuum insulation on the outer jacket. The biggest hurdle would be temp control of the oil, as we know there are pumps that could handle it.

1 Like

It’s just a matter of a heating coil in an oil bath with a temperature probe and on/off controller

1 Like

And a peristaltic pump

2 Likes

General reference

Check out multiple effect

2 Likes