Unable to induce nucleation!!

So I’m having an issue with a customers product, so I’ll start by saying that I typically only make “wax”or “sugar wax” type of extracts. I have never once not been able to induce nucleation and get a honeycomb wax slab to form within the first 6hrs of the purge. However for the first time ever I I am not seeing even any signs of nucleation or crystallization what so ever and I’m at 24hrs in purge. It’s is an absolute first for me, any input would be greatly appreciated.

What temp is your oven

My guess is your material is decarbed?

4 Likes

I’m at 40 degrees Celsius surface temp of the oil.

I did everything the same that I always do, nothing different during the extraction and nothing different in terms of temperatures going in to the purge. The only real difference I noticed from this oil compared to other extractions I’ve done is the it has a very low viscosity…

1 Like

It could be the product your using. Is it stabilizing into shatter? Or is it more like a sap and sticky

1 Like

It’s staying just like oil, thin low viscosity and still clear. It’s definitely not stabilizing in to shatter or showing any signs of nucleation or crystallization. I have never experienced this before so it’s quite odd, I have always been able to get nucleation within the first 6hrs of purge, even if it’s HTFSE I still get nucleation everytime.

Is it on dirrect heat, if not try that. If that doesnt help raise temp

It is on direct heat, I use a bottom heated 5 gallon chamber style oven.

Older material by chance?

2 Likes

But upto 43

Each strain will have a different solvent release temperature. You have many other factors that could of went right. Including the humidity percentage. Check out this tek i made. This will aid to get shatter if that’s the route you’re heading towards. Stable shatter oven tek

3 Likes

Not really. Local home grower, it was harvested, dired and cured then given to me. So not like last years stash or anything like that lol.

2 Likes

Could be contaminated with a pesticide that had some oily constituents. Neem oil is an obvious example but there are many many more.

3 Likes

In that case crank the temp, or take out let it breathe for while. If u didn’t extract cold enough could be an issue also

Could be CBD

9 Likes

Or was the material seeded

1 Like

I’ve been able to force nucleation by using a tool and putting a couple scrape marks through to the bottom of the slab. Letting it stay warm in the oven around 85-90f and then pulling a vacuum on it after 45 min- 1 hr

6 Likes

That is exactly how to induce nucleation. I’ve been doing that, various forms of agitation. No luck and it’s now 2 days in purge.

4 Likes

Mix it with some very stable product to give it “structure”

3 Likes