Turning a closed column into a closed loop?

So I am considering going bigger than I originally thought because I have a feeling most or right and I want to read it anymore I don’t have a whole lot of consistent material to work with so I kind of wanted to keep it more
On the smaller side try to perfect smaller batches and move my way up to our bigger system hopefully by reselling . The only issue is this column is obviously pretty substantially big so I have been looking at some close loops of abaze has a mini 45g1 that’s $400 I 8will say that’s a little too small I wish I could find a 90 to 130g to play with that I could afford right now I think I’m probably best off being patient and going through killa

1 Like

So what is your ideal run size?

A qp at time like @clouds? Fyi, I’m about the same as him, I run a qp to a hp per run, so we kinda know what kinda system you should get.

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking skimpy runs 2oz to 4 oz maxthat’s the only reason why I got a blaze in the first place I kind of regret it. All the reviewers basically said how It’s upgradable and etc etc they have very reasonably priced products but I feel like there’s got to be a catch. I really appreciate all the help

1 Like

Everything is upgradeable its like legos

4 Likes

Yeah, even that small, I’m still adding it all up and it’s about another 600 minimum for a setup:

Green tank 100
Cooling coil 140
Collection pot 300(?)
New clamps (?)
12x1.5 spool (20)

1 Like

Just buy a 1lb system with the 12lb butane capacity tank

You don’t have to fill the tank all the way and you can always get smaller spools for material (or just fill the 1lber halfway)…

4 Likes

So what’s the budget you have to work with???

That will help in narrowing down what you can do.

2 Likes

you could’ve gotten a 2x18 and the reducers and gotten the clamps for relatively cheap. plus you can work with gaskets for now unless you wanna do plates and papers right away which is a good idea for your money but at the same time if you’re only doing 2 to 4 ounces then it’s not too bad to run gasket filters.

I haven’t made the switch yet to plates and papers. This is what I currently use. I use 4 of these under the stock 150 micron screen.

1 Like

This is why I was thinking maybe I am better off just trying to close what I have to try so I don’t have to start over and waste all the money I have invested. I’m willing to spend anothern500 1 thousand Max tbh with what i invested but I’m willing to l invest more just gonna have to space it out piece it together… and I wasn’t sure if I could run less material in a bigger system I never thought about just using smaller spools and less solvent.

2 Likes

Always better to get a system that’s slightly too big compared to slightly too small.

I guess if I had to suggest an order of obtaining things, I’d get my solvent tank first. That way you can still open blast, you’d fill your solvent tank and a smaller spool and inject into a pan like your doing now.

Then once you’re ready, you can buy the collection pot and upgrade your clamps.

Edit: but for the love of Jebus, upgrade asap, open blasting isn’t great.

3 Likes

this is solid advice. I run a 12x6 tank and only keep it like 1/4 full. I use all my gas each run so I can clean the tank out every now and then. Inject from the tank, sweep with N2 once it’s empty, pull vac, recover back into it.

1 Like

https://qualitystainlessparts.com/ has the best price on clamps and gaskets too. I shopped around for a while because his were out of stock at the time and ended up just waiting until he got more because the price difference is night and day.

3 Likes

6×12 tank from killa works well.

2 Likes

Yep, killa’s prices are pretty much the lowest you can get for most of the parts he sells.

But, if you look, you can find stuff cheaper, like for instance the hp clamps from https://www.emeraldgoldextractors.com/

Those are cheaper, but you pay shipping, so they’re only worth it if you get more than one item from em.

You can save a lil cash, but you gotta work for it.

3 Likes

That’s what I have myself.

2 Likes

Pick you up 1 of these: For Sale, Bhogart 5lb Closed Extraction Set Up withh 8 Modular Honey Pots
I’d offer $250 though

the shipping will be 100 plus, buy it froma store with free shipping like hfs.

I’d let it go for 1k if you have any interest.

1 Like

Stainless Steel 6" X 6" Tri Clamp Sanitary Spool with Handles - USA Lab does this spool have a bottom or no? anybody know :thinking::thinking:

It does not, you can see it is listed under their spool section and not the base section.

3 Likes