Trying to convert CBD isolate to CBN on a small scale

My husband was diagnosed with cancer in October of 2020, he was cleared in February but in March we found out he had 4 lumps in his lymph nodes. He is having a horrible time sleeping, so we’ve been using CBN and it works great! Unfortunately, my husband’s cancer is terminal now so he’s been taking 2 grams of RSO daily to try to give him a chance, which is costing us a lot of money. So I’m trying to save some money on the CBN, which is also costing us a lot and hard to find in Vermont. I have a lot of CBD isolate we got tested. I’ve read a lot about converting CBD to CBN, but still have questions and it also seems that using isolate is different than many of the other posted methods. I also have access to THC distillate if that would be better. I was never good at chemistry, I went to school to become a math teacher so that has helped, but my husband was always the one to handle this side. Now that he is going through intense chemo to shrink them as much as possible, his brain dosen’t work them same so it’s been rather hard for me to try to educate myself on this on top of caring for him and my demanding job.

Any advice on where to start would be amazing! I’ve learned so much from this group already, from what I’ve seen y’all have a amazing community here! :revolving_hearts:

#cbn

9 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the situation.

Practically speaking, this is not a time for you to even be thinking about producing chemical byproducts; sadly you are more likely to poison him through your inexperience than you are likely to produce a usable and clean CBN.

High level, you take D9 distillate and pladdium over carbon in the boiling flask, will result in CBN conversion. Distillation to isolate the CBN, crash in solvent to crystallize and purify.

Personally, considering the situation, I’d see if you couldn’t find any hemp vendors willing to work with you. @SubstituteCreature and others?

12 Likes

Make your own RSO, this is very easy to produce.

And its cheap cheap.

2 Likes

My heart goes out to yall. Hopefully someone local to you will see this and help. Im a broke boy right now but, I will cash app someone $50 for gas to help out. This is a worthy cause boys

4 Likes

Just buy some CBN isolate from a vendor on here. It can be had for around $3-5/g

Dm me an address and as soon as I’m home I’ll send you a cannabinoid care package. I’ll include some isolates you can play around with, CBGA, CBD, CBG, CBN and some other goodies. Cant ship any THC but i got you on everything else.

Here to help. Its not worth your time to try and make your own materials without a lab and experience.

24 Likes

Breaks my heart… fuck cancer

Hell yeah Rock. I’m down to help too if needed.

7 Likes

I donated the $50 to the food bank in your honor. Thank you for helping these fine folks in their time of need

7 Likes

Someone I know did it. First edible cannabinoid to get him high

Thank you everyone for your advice, clearly the best option is just to buy the CBN wholesale. I have got stuff from a hemp farm in Vermont and they don’t have CBN, or I would have gotten it from them. I had to buy CBD/CBN gummies for a head shop. Just to clear up some questions about the claims that I’m trying to scam or whatever. We have the large amount of CBD isolate from the hemp company because of my epilepsy, it’s expensive to buy at a store. So we found somewhere to buy the isolate, but then we quickly found out that the isolate CBD dosen’t work as well as full spectrum, I started to have seizures again. So it’s just been sitting there, and I figured I could try to use it. When I looked into CBN originally it was really expensive . I have no clue I could get it for $3-$5 a gram when buying a lot.
I’m not asking for any money or anything, we are actually financially okay, we still have a liveable income, the cost of the RSO is hurting us but we’re still okay. I was simply trying to find a way to convert I a product I already had and can’t use into a I needed.

Thank y’all for the ones that showed support, it’s definitely amazing during this time to see the cannabis community come together in such a loving way! :revolving_hearts:

I really appreciate that but it’s totally not necessary! :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:
It’s the thought that counts!

1 Like

If full spec is indeed, as expected, more effective for you, you could use the cbd isolate to cut the full spectrum and thus use less of the later.

Have you tried mixing in somme cbg as well ?

That’s a genius idea! I never even thought about reintroducing other cannabinoids to make it somewhat full spectrum. The CBD farmer I work with does sell CBG kief, so I could just add some of that and decarb some of it and then add the decades CBG as well?

1 Like

What do you want to add the kief to ? I mean which form of consumption are you envisioning ?