True Terpenes

My lab did some internal analysis of the Viscosity product and we made a provisional identification of Pristane. To be clear this was only a provisional identification and we are not super confident in this result.

5 Likes

Awesomeā€¦ whats it mean? Lolā€¦ sounds like TT is in the clear so far? As i take a break from the clonersā€¦

2 Likes

It would be interesting to get some mass spec or nmr structural data

3 Likes

Need a GS/MS scan on this. Looks like what we used to call ā€œblobaneā€ AKA unresolved peaks poorly retained by column stationary phase. A smaller injection probably also is called for.

I mean this raises a deeper question though. Letā€™s say it is not mineral oil; itā€™s actually some terpene that just happens to have similar retention time and column interaction. What would lead us to believe this product is any healthier than mineral oil? Like TT said there are 30,000 terpenes and iā€™ll tell you one thing for sure: they havenā€™t all had safety assays done on them. I donā€™t see why one should put their faith in some unknown mess of hydrocarbons just because they happen to possess an isoprene unit somewhere in their structure. What would that prove?

14 Likes

Ive used both if those companies terps and hated them. So did all my customers. True terpenes isolated terps are the best around. Profiles are so so, i make my own with better results. True terps customer service is also the best ive experienced in this industry

1 Like

shill acct

7 Likes

TT best around?

Thats some funny sheet right there!

4 Likes

ā€œTrue terpenes isolated terps are the best aroundā€ ! Maybe, if you like Pinesol lol

8 Likes

Iā€™ll dilute it more on Monday but in comparison to Abtrax (same dilution) itā€™s a mess of peaks that does resemble a hydrocarbon fraction. Hopefully my guy will have MS data by Friday.

Im pretty sure floraplex dilutent is the exact same stuff. If you drop the temp of this stuff below 50 degrees itll start to seperate, even in carts. Both the floraplex and true terpenes blends do this, wouldnt it be safe to say theyre probably close to the same things then?

4 Likes

Honestly the resolution is so bad that even GCMS might not be able to get a good identification. It could require a totally different column with a different and thicker stationary phase to even get good enough separation to match ions. But hopefully that will not be the case. Some times with an overly large injection a single molecule can get smeared out like that but still get good ID. I used to observe that a lot with samples containing glycerin.

3 Likes

Can you sell terps to licensed stores in CA if your terps contain no THC?

I talked to my testing guy. He told me that he would have to get a standard of squalene and pristane in order to eliminate or identify those terpenes. Does ā€œblobaneā€ refer to whatever else you dont specifically look for? Or is it specific different compounds?

2 Likes

ā€œBlob-aneā€ is a joke. It means compounds that come out as a blob instead of good peak shapes. Usually a hard to identify mess of peaks that are close together. It can also be from a compound with very different polarity from the column like glycerol on a nonpolar column, or from a huge injection that overwhelms the columns adsorbing capacity.

4 Likes

Copy so if a lab tested for pristane and they test a sample containing pristane is it then possible to get back an inconclusive test due to improper loading column composition, etc? Wouldnt they just run another test from the same sample to get conclusive results?

Is liquid injection the only way to test for these kinds of terpenes?

If a lab doesnt test for a specific mystery terpene and a sample contains that terpene would the results come back as unreadable blob-ane? Or would the test show the exact properties of the mystery terpene and they just dont know which one to match it to?

1 Like

Let me explain how GCMS works. You have a whole library of compounds, each with a documented ion spectrum. When you click on a peak in the chromatography readout, it will bring up the ion spectrum of that peak, and the software will produce a list of compounds in itā€™s database that are the most similar to that one. Usually one will be clearly correct.

So in order for it to recognize a compound, that compound needs to be well separated from all the other compounds in the sample. If two compounds come out right on top of each other, their spectra will be all mixed together, and the library wonā€™t be able to find a match.

It is different from GC-FID, because it can identify any compound in the material, whether you were originally looking for it or not. But it has to be a well separated peak.

The issue with a blob like this is that it is likely a bunch of peaks that are all spread out on top of eachother, so the ion reading will be gibberish. This doesnā€™t have to be the case though. For instance in the other example I gave, where the blob is truly one peak that is just spread out from bad chromatography, the MS can still identify it because itā€™s still a pure compound peak without interferences.

5 Likes

So are you saying that if we did identify one or more compounds in the blob it would still be a blob and be made up of any number of unknown compounds?

Does the blob in any way correspond to the margin of error of a test? Like the bigger the blob will give a bigger margin of error?

Please see our official statement here: https://trueterpenes.com/viscosity-statement/

4 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: :man_facepalming:t3::man_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Youā€™re condescending tone and odd choice of refusing to release anything short of a pdf on a barely working link, that buries at the bottom an invitation to @Future, is a poor showing of your professionalism at this stage in the game. I recommend you write letters as if peers and not children were the intended recipients, and to sign the author such as the CEO or spokesman or etc.

10 Likes