Trs 21 recovery time

Ok everyone, I have a question for people running the trs 21 pumps. I know lots of people will say passive over active, but where I live it isn’t possible. Dry ice is expensive and about a 2 hour round trip drive. Im wondering what kind of pounds per min you are getting. Like I said dry ice is hard to get so im only using regular ice. I have 2 ice machines from my old coffee shops that produce 200lbs of ice per day each so its an easier option. I have my splatter platter in hot water (120 degrees) until there is about an inch or 2 of butane left then i turn off the heater. 1/4 hoses right now, getting 3/8 upgrade in 2 weeks. For 20lbs of butane its taking me about 3 hours just in recovery time. So if my math is right I’m like .1lbs per min. Please help lol

Chilling recovery tank and have a condensing coil inline?

1 Like

Jacketed cool will be better with ice slurry

Up until today I have put the recovery tank in ice, I will from now on. Condensing coil is inline directly after the trs pump, then to recovery tank. I have a freezer I bag all the ice up and put into the freezer and the ice gets down to 1 or 2 degrees according to my laser gun.

The cheapest chest freezer at Home Depot hits close to -40 when you put the first load in it. But maintains -20f after. Plenty cold enough for passive recovery.

Can you finish off passive through a crs21? Does it flow through lke that?

according to my laser gun it need to be destroyed- my dog told me so.

1 Like

bump before I run out for more ice? I dont have valves on the pump and wanna stay safer and not release gas by changing hoses