Triploid and seedless genetics high CBD genetics

Our company is on the front lines of the Thai Cannabis and Hemp industry. The industry is still in its infancy and is facing many challenges when it comes to understanding of commercial hemp/cannabis production.
our company is looking to partner with a company purchase triploid seedless CBD and CBG seeds. we are currently looking to start cultivating upto 400 farms with a combined total of 8000 acres.
we need millions of seeds.

we have reached out to Oregon CBD and they said they could potentially have seeds that are ready to export by the middle of next year. we would like to started immediately and are ready to buy the right CBD and CBG genetics triploid or not.

We need seeds with COA, phytosanitary, non-GMO and an MTA that says we can breed these genetics.

Looking for genetics with under 1% THC and very short flowering times.

4 Likes

We are ready to start shipping to Thailand! If you haven’t heard back from Oregon CBD please reach out again.

3 Likes

Welcome to the future @emeryOregonCBD! It’s great to have you and @seth here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just had a client in thailand request Fem. Seeds.

1 Like

Thanks to those who reached out here to ask if @emeryOregonCBD was really a representative of our company. He most certainly is. Emery’s our farm relations guy and is based in southern Oregon. Our families were neighbors on Peavine Mountain, outside of Galice and we’ve all been friends since childhood. He started in the industry when his mom found his outdoor plants in high school, and has done everything from manage rec farms to authoring articles for cannabis publications. He’s our point guy for farmer communication and ordering and one of the best humans.

As @emeryOregonCBD said, we are going through the process and can ship to Thailand, but we are only shipping triploids. From an ecological perspective, we do not want to be responsible for plants potentially interbreeding with native populations of Thai cannabis. Feminized seed is a great start to reducing that potential commingling, but the odd male phenotype is still present, and, more importantly, the flowers can still be pollinated by indigenous establishments of cannabis. The only safe way of introducing foreign germplasm for production is to provide sterile triploids. No viable pollen, no receptivity to pollen. This is a larger ecological responsibility issue that we feel strongly about.

6 Likes

This just out of curiosity, but why would not want to breed the indigenous strains with some of the more potent higher yielding strains that we have over here? I’m just thinking about trying to buff up their local strains that I’m sure are at very (or just) low potencies. Keep the plants that grow great in that environment, but will now carry some actual potency with it…

But I do understand the fear of introducing something new into a new environment that could very well take shit over if it becomes enough of a pest. Good work what you’re doing though with the triploids. I used to do alot of work with triploids and polyploid orchids. Used to clone them, and then pass them out as gifts to friends at orchid shows.

2 Likes

This is not all about THC. There are flavonoids, cannabinoids that are true to the landrace varieties that need preserving fir future plant medicine.

Think of the earths cannabis like the rainforest. Would you muddy up the rain forest with non native species. Same for cannabis. Breeding programs that you speak of should be done in controlled environments with accountability.

3 Likes

Cool background story. It’s really great when long time friends can work together on the same vision! :slight_smile:

Mad respect for you policy of only shipping triploids to Thailand! Makes me more happy than you could know to see that a seed company is working so hard to protect unique and important genetics before they are gone. I also think it’s great that you are helping Thai farmers find a way of growing modern strains, while at the same time giving them peace of mind that they won’t hurt their native genetics.

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to hearing more from you and @emeryOregonCBD.

4 Likes