Tried using an ejection coil... failed

Clogged in the coil. I’m thinking mabey moisture in the gas. Bout to clean my gas and try again. Any thoughts?

Frozen water…

4 Likes

Going to have to keep your gas dry if you want to get it that cold. Use a molecular sieve and regenerate it often and you will be good to go

2 Likes

Brand new coils that have been pressure tested previous to purchase can have leftover water inside. Some testing practices either use hydrostatic or nitrogen pressurized underwater.
I suggest holding the coil upsidedown, push nitrogen through the port on the coil which leads to the bottom (top if upsidedown). This will spit out any water left in the coil. After that, the use of a sieve will protect you against the possibilities of water build up again.

2 Likes

You won’t be able to get the moisture out of the solvent very easily, if that’s where it is. You may have to get rid of what you have. Maybe.

@gee.rated may very well be correct, too. But the moisture would have froze prior to injection and it would have had to be full of water to make that happen.

3 Likes

Is your solvent storage tank carbon steel or stainless?

Always good practice to properly clean and dry any part that used in an extraction! Never know what kind of contamination could be left over from manufacturing/storage/etc.

1 Like

do you have a filter drier? get one if not

Sure, processing in your backyard is one thing. Proper cleanliness within a CLS is essential. Wouldn’t store your flower in a dirty ball jar that hasn’t been cleaned.
Clean EVERYTHING & have a solid maintenance checklist on all the equipment used.
Let the world be full of great dabs!

IF, there is water still in your gas and you’re using a carbon steel tank. I would be worried about possible rust beginning to start in your LP. Major NO!

It would be time-consuming to completely clean the gas of moisture…
I agree, your best bet could be dumpin’ that gas, cleaning your tank, and starting fresh.

3 Likes

Have you ever tried running super wet gas thru some bentonite? Bet it might work

Alumina?

2 Likes

That would work better, but still not entirely.

1 Like

What’s a filter driver?

2 Likes

An auto-misdirect from “filter dryer”, which is the AC industries version of “molecular sieve”. Sort of. Ask the all knowing one for clarification if you need it :nerd_face:

3 Likes

So distilling the gas through a molecular sieve would not pull the moisture out? Or are you saying it would just be more work than it’s worth?

It wouldn’t work. And if it did, it would be too much work.

2 Likes

This has my brain twisted a bit. So are molecular sieves strictly for removing small amounts of moisture in the gas?

2 Likes

heating pads around the the sieve

@Soxhlet how do you implement a molecular sieve for active system

1 Like

Same as passive, sieve goes before pump though.

5 Likes