Tricks of the trade

So @Killa12345 came with the idea of dubbele capping jars :ok_hand:
But now i stubled upon these
The brand is le parfait its a french company and they sell these capsullels inner caps that are quit neet
They work well in the vacoven to seal jars vacuum to :grinning:

Leparfait.fr for more info

6 Likes

Does it work well? How do you mount the bag?

The key is to make an insert pipe with holes like a second basket diameter on most of mime is approx 21cm
I use metric diameter pipe by spiro a ventilation pipe manufacturer
And a variac at times is handy to controller engine speed

1 Like

The pipe inside the bag inside the panda?

Inside the panda basket weldeden to iT

To support the bag gotcha. So the bag is centered

Yes and the filter bags have a plastic rim
That fit s snug over the insert pipe.

2 Likes

That’s legit I love it. Fuck any other filter ha

1 Like

Without the bulging lid ‘safety feature’ do people risk more exploding jars than usual?

I still think the lid would bust off before the glass exploded

2 Likes

No way!? You might have just saved me. I was just about to use lye, but I was afraid of it. This, if it works, will be sweeeet.

Wow that’s awesome. Honestly never would have guessed a vac could hold that weight

a 12’’ could easily hold my weight under vac

2 Likes

15lbs per square inch…

Adds up fast.

6 Likes

I have used vacuum tables, simply ground flat, steel vacuum tables. applied grease to the surcace, and put a block of steel with a machined surface on it face down to the table, pulled full vac…and began machining. Vacuum held a piece of steel while a 3/4 carbide endmill going 2000 rpm, at 25 IPM, chewed away at it, and it held all day long. I’m not sure if all of that is understandable…because its machinist speak. But, what I’m saying, is vacuum is very powerful. Use it to your advantage.

12 Likes

pretty awesome, im surprised the workpiece didn’t helicopter and fly halfway across the shop! hahahahaha :+1:

Used to run vacuum tables on large cnc routers for mold shop/ plastics shop. got my thumb crushed under a spoil board once!

4 Likes

I bought a lab stand off of amazon and the quality was less than what I expected, the threads on the rod are God awful. The rod is in two pieces and when it was assembled any bit of movement caused the rod to loosen and sit crooked.

My solution was to replace the rod with an all thread rod. This worked but it was too flimsy and would bend over with any weight on it. So my solution to that was to just add a bunch of couplers to the rod to give it some much needed strength.

6 Likes

Works so yes but what was more expensive the rod or the couplers ?
:+1:

2 Likes

In moments like these I place a pipe over the wiggly rod and ty that to the ceiling espessialy when using a sep funnel

4 Likes