Tiny short path supplier?

Glas col soft mantle (any size desire) sitting on stir plate. Easy and cheap

10 Likes

Beautiful Setup @Paragon1!!

5 Likes

I’m ignorant, what Kind of set up is this. I’ve not seen an spd with such a head before.

Again, purely ignorant, please fill me in

4 Likes

Seconded! Looks like some sort of reflux/fractional setup. I don’t even know what it is and I want one lol

2 Likes

Looks like a head from a BR

3 Likes

Yup, spinning band. Just not set up in a t-slot box like BR has it. I like it portable!

5 Likes

Hahahaha yes

One of those aluminium blocks would properly be more precise and reliable Than my 500ml china mantle wouldnt it?? and Also alot cheaper and could have avoided TerribleTerrys service

Cause for hotplate i got a VMS-C10 ADVANCED

@goldleaf_scientific

Lol and what was those 2 huge package going to the north from your story a while back

Ps. You got your 1000ml reaction block Wrong in the price tag, went up from 225 to 295 af according to website.

Hey @spdking got any TP (tiny paths) hehe

2 Likes

Reaction blocks are meant for low temp stuff. For distilling at higher temps they often spike and over shoot by a long shot. Mantles work better bc they aren’t heating up a mass(the block) and waiting for the temps to hit the reaction while the block is still over heating.

2 Likes

I might have some glass laying around. I have to check. Anything under a 2 liter behaves unpredictable and can have mixed fractions.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s really nice because the hotplate is used all the time for other stuff so you don’t have to buy a whole mantle just for that size flask. Works great for smaller sizes, but 1000mL is the largest I would recommend because the hotplate can only put out so much heat.
I think that was a reactor and rotovap going to Denmark.
Thanks for the heads up on the pricing mistake. I flipped it.

1 Like

What is it about smaller stills you feel is unpredictable? I’ve never had a problem separating my fractions in that 500ml. Mine is about 5years old at this point and still works great.

4 Likes

Their biggest problem is they don’t sell for very much :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I had to replace the temp probe a year ago. That was pretty predictable though :thinking:

1 Like

If you’ve got either a working vacuum gauge or a working temperature probe you’re fine. You really don’t need both. The numbers don’t need to be truly accurate. Just accurate to your average run parameters

1 Like

Mantle won’t run without the thermocouple on those.

1 Like