Tiny short path supplier?

I’m looking for a research sized short path (500ml?)

I’ve seen most options and always just see 2L min size. Wondering if anyone’s got a line on something small? I’ve got the pump chillers etc.

Just looking for a mantle, boiling flask and head primarily

2 Likes

Should be fairly easy to piece together it looks like. USA lab has the RBF and mantle, there’s a million 24/40 heads floating around. Are you looking for something nice or just a cobbled together frankenstill?

5 Likes

Just a frankenstill. I can make up any inadequacies with a much oversized vacuum pump

3 Likes

Mantle and bf off eBay. Head and cow from Ai

2 Likes

This seems like a great “how cheap can we get it” game lol

2 Likes

My first short path lol

I can hit 97%tac with it though

4 Likes

I got this cause back when I started we were getting crazy money for oil and throwing 250g in a still for my first run was much more reasonable than 1000g

2 Likes

Oh that ain’t bad

2 Likes

I still go back to my little still all the time for r&d

2 Likes

Hi,
go with a 14/20 sized rig like this.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/14-20-Ace-vacuum-jacketed-Vigreux-with-intergral-condenser-distillation-head/254664520996?hash=item3b4b303524:g:slIAAOSwG~ZfG7OL

get a 14/20 boiling flask in the 50-100ml range, ground glass thermometer, and a cow.

this is part way there
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Short-path-distillation-head-cow-concentrator-flask-and-mantle-14-20-10-18/254661292293?hash=item3b4afef105:g:QJgAAOSw~51fF00q

2 Likes

Get David to make a mini one. Im gonna run 500ml boiling flask on a two liter system, but go up to 2liter after few runs

I would like a Very small One with cold traps n all for a dab rig tho lol

1 Like

what kinda pump would you need to run something so small

E2M80 bare minimum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

We have a 1000mL with mantle. For 500mL we have hotplates with reaction blocks which is just a piece of aluminum shaped like a bowl to hold the flask and transfer heat from hotplate to flask.

4 Likes

Do you sell the blocks for a 250ml too?

Oh yeah they go down to 50mL and have many configurations. You can do vials and flasks, some at the same time, etc

3 Likes

Lol that is madness. Fuck, stick a pipe elbow on top of a mason jar with some silly putty and you’ll probably still be able to hit 100 mtorr

3 Likes

Now for 2L spd in our US warehouse have big discount.

original EXW price is 860USD,and now only is 760USD
inlude the shipping cost from china to US warehosue and import tax
doesn’t include the shippig cost from US warehouse to your address
You could choose to pick up

Our warehouse Address:1251 S Rockefeller ave unit B Ontario CA 91761

1 Like

Yah, could probably just put it in an oil bath with a water heating coil on a PID controller and a mason jar lol

2 Likes