Thoughts and Ideas on Marketing products in this industry?

Hey Guys my apologies if this topic has been discussed in length already but I’m trying to get my mode of thinking in the right place when it comes to marketing CBD products. Thanks to the wealth of knowledge and people I have met on this forum I have been able to launch my own CBD brand and website, but marketing strategies for this type of of industry is completely new to me. Should I invest in trade shows at this stage? Ive thought of renting a conference room and inviting people to attend a informational on CBD and legislation in my state and plugging my product only if they inquire. I also planned to canvas smoke shops and show my wares to owners but they already have CBD products. Ive joined CBD and Hemp facebook groups but they have revealed that theres alot of MLM of Hemp products already. Maybe I’m paralyzed with indecision, but what methods have worked for you guys when you first started out in this industry from the selling aspect. I know that this forum is geared more toward research and manufacturing methods but I look forward to any bits of nuggets of info you guys posses

1 Like

Talk to people. The best thing about people is they know other people. With that being said when starting off besides a quality product image can get you just as far as a quality product can. The human brain appeals to certain shapes and colors. This changes by generation. If you can focus on who your marketing to a little research can give you an idea on what image will appeal to your crowd. Never forget about the people. Its not about pleasing everyone all at once. Please each person one at a time. Somewhere along the line there will be a person that knows a person and unknowing to you that will be the start to your solid career. Know how to market and interact with people without spending to much money. Access to peoples minds is free, you just need to know which key to use.

Ive been known as that weird guy my whole life cause I’m super bubbly and I like talking to strangers in line or waiting on the bus or just about anywhere. I know I can talk comfortably but I’m not sure where to bring up I’m selling CBD in a topic of conversation like the appropriate place? Which is why I was thinking trade shows where people are going to view products but IDK if its too early since Im small fish…But Your right imaging is super important which was why I wanted some easily recognizable for my generation yet clean in presentation overall

Everyone and there mom is selling CBD in every corner (trade shows). You know who has money, time and needs a change of pace and not to mention pain relief, OLD PEOPLE. I go see my grandma every sunday at the old folks home. They are so bored, in pain, and have a savings account being drained by the home. I imagine you see where I am going. If they are going to bail out there non existent cousin in nigeria out of jail, they sure enough could benefit cannabinoids in there life. They will not discover them on tv or from mainstream. You must find your way in there. Its an untapped keg. I would cash out on that in secret but I do not have the resources. You my friend can have that piece of my brain so I can make space for another.

I’ve always done well building followings via Youtube (link in profile). After building a decent sized following you can start promoting cannabis related products to your subscribers.

Also consider just good old SEO, google ads/internet advertising, a free Bigtree game or app on the app store which advertises your products, start a blog/vlog/podcast, make a company instagram, twitter, faceobook, youtube, reddit, etc and post any many videos/pictures/posts as you can using as many hashtags and links to your website possible without sounding cheesy.

Make business cards/ads that promote your social media sites, versus advertisements for products. Perhaps building a following is better than selling a product. Now I’m probably wrong but that’s my 2 cents on the topic of marketing. Also this book.

The SEO and following is my long term strategy, I actually run a unsuccessful music label and I have thousands of hours and $ put into videography and recording equipment I just haven’t got around to doing my first vid yet cause honestly I dont know how to approach it (I should just do it regardless) I don’t want to turn into a perfectionist lol…Im not looking to make loads of money in the beginning just recoup what I spent so I can reinvest into new types of never before seen products which is the long term direction I want to take my business

Its So Simple why Didn’t I realize it…My mother is a CNA and at home care work and my aunt works at a retirement home…You might be on to something

1 Like

Maybe offer local artists a free video shoot if they wear shirts with your product name, or drop some plugs in a song. I always believe one offers there service in return for another. With that thought there is no need for money.