Thompson Duke SOP?

After a bit of digging both here and in the (minimal) resources provided by Thompson Duke, I have found little in the way of an SOP concerning the use of the Thompson Duke Manual Filling Machine. I can play with the machine and build out an SOP, but I know that there are a number of people using the machine here on this forum. We will be using the machine for filling carts and syringes.

Have any of you built an SOP for this machine’s use? If so, mind hooking a brother up? I know I can make an SOP within an hour that will work, but I don’t know if there are any tricks or tips to get the machine running more efficiently that I can incorporate without taking the time to experiment. Different temperatures for preheating, distance to maintain heat bulbs, or any other mission critical info would be greatly appreciated. Even if you use their automatic filling machine, anything people have learned in their use could save me time and headaches.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

how you liking the manual one

I actually had an opportunity to leave the company I was with before I got the chance to use it. From what I gather, folks seem to be happier with the manual filling machine than with the automatic one. Wish I had more to give you on that, but when opportunity comes knocking…

1 Like

Not much sop needed you fill the syringe and press the lever. Just need to dial in temp and weight first as that will be dependent on mixture viscosity

1 Like

I’ve heard that as well.

The $400 filler I built is also faster than their manual one.

3 Likes

mind sharing a pic? Im in the market for something to fill 1g carts

We used to use the measured gun syringes hooked to enail controller but the consistency is nowhere near the thompson and duke

If you’re talking about the cart shooter style, yes, those are absolute trash. Not only are they like you said, inconsistent, but the threading of the barrels is horrendous

1 Like