This unit is efficient for SPD??

I want to make a purchase, I’m thinking about the icarus 1lb team (photo), I have a couple of questions for you. If I buy this unit, what other accessories do I require for its optimal operation? I plan to use this equipment to process oil and then use it short path (SPD 2L)

3 Likes

Great system

i have the 2lb system ask away.

Ask @Killa12345 for options hè might have
My guess is You get more for your Buck
Second butane is a very Nice extraction method but If SPD is your objective
Then an ultrafreezer Some buckets and a still make more sense

3 Likes

i seen where you want a 1kg of distillate a day. This is not the path to that number.

4 Likes

@Killa12345 I need to be able to prepare my SPD with dewaxed oil

well if you want 1kg a day of distillate. Its gonna take a good 15-30lbs of material depending on quality. Thats gonna be hard to do in a 1lb system especially dewaxing…and your still gonna have to post extraction winterize and dewax using a CLS as well. This is gonna be really hard to pull off every single day.

3 Likes

@Killa12345 What do you recommend for my SPD, with what previous process do I extract the crude oil? my intention is to use a SPL of 2L or 5L which would be the necessary equipment to cover the demand?

i think you want to extract with alcohol…a few pandas…and be done. This is not the job for a CLS at all. the right tool will make your job much easier and cheaper.

2 Likes

Thats the el cheapo route. You can upgrade from there.

That system you have pictured above (great system i have the 5# model) is more suited for making designer hydrocarbon extractions with minimal post processing in order to preserve smell and taste.

If youre making distillate you will most likely need post processing after extraction which will strip smell and taste. The cheapest and most effective method for you is probably going to be cold ethanol extraction and post processing with ethanol etc.

2 Likes

ok, then to distill my purpose is not convenient to the oil with CLS, ethanol recommend me which team I need to do that? go I do it very basic, I froze my flowers, then the ethanol for 24 hrs, the next day I mix them, at first I just gave a quick bath giving a second bath and letting rest 5 minutes in the fridge. all with 1 liter glass glasses, but now I want to upload my configuration to a higher capacity something like 10 kilos per day of flower. I thank you very much that everyone says this place is wonderful.

The best known abbreviations of the site are: CLS: closed loop system SPD: short path distillation are there more acronyms? some I can not understand. hehehe xD

10 kilos of flower per day you could do with the same method. If you went bigger you want to get a centrifuge that extracts and processes also. You will also need a 10L- 20L rotary evaporator or something comparable

CUP - centrifuge utility platform

Thats what you need

1 Like

Or a ace spinner from the boy s from our hood​:grinning::+1:
Ace spinners are made and designed by members of this forum that passed treu all the steps and hard work

3 Likes

https://www.acespinner.com/

3 Likes

Lol of course them too

1 Like