Thinking of doing a passive convert. of a custom machine and don't have a ton of power

:pray:

You could have some one add a port or tri clamp fitting on the bottom and add a pour spout. That looks like a pain to get oil out of and even rougher if tour having to scrape if your trying to make shatter

2 Likes

I like this.

Have a fabricator make those bastards “cauldron style”…

1 Like

Cs200 on your heat exchanger, that has 9.5kw @ -20c, more than powerful enough to keep up.

Unistat 815 on solvent tank to keep sub -60c.

The 815 could also keep your columns cold, but then you might be extending the range the fluid has to go and it might not keep up.

I have an 18kw heater (you’ll need three phase) which is very inexpensive at around 6k.

All good fam, he’s only gotta knock out a run or two or three to pay for the upgraded pour spout :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Anybody needs Unistats I’ve got 2x 815’s for sale in Northern Colorado, but can palletize/crate and ship LTL or deliver as needed.

2 Likes

Do you recirculate the water or just use the city supply and dump the circulated hot water?

1 Like

Recirculate. Helps to keep up with heat load.

1 Like

Recirculate

1 Like

@Sasquatch I’ma call today I just thought of something to redneck the shit outta the beast

Just for later reference

3 Likes

We built one

12 Likes

It’s since been modified with a check valve and another air separator. Works like a dream

6 Likes

You can get away with no chiller if you’re willing to buy and refill co2 siphon tanks all the time.

Do you use a mixing valve? What kinda temperature do you typically operate the hot water at?

1 Like

I don’t use a mixing valve. I used to operate the hot water between 85-100°f

I don’t work at that facility anymore.

4 Likes

So I’ve been using a solar hot water heater and trying to recirculate. But the water gets to cold after a while. @ficklepicke recommended a on demand hot water heater and I’ll be going with that. Also wasn’t quite getting my gas cold enough with my -40c chiller. @Cheebachiefextracts helped my figure out that my gas was warming up too much before it got to my media, so installing a set of condensing coils now.

If I just use my hillbilly solar hot water heater with my well water, I’m recovering .33 pounds a minute while dumping the water. Hopefully I can add a propane water heater and start recirculating it so tHat I can save the amps from my well pump and pressure pump to use for something cooler

3 Likes

Have a chiller. But It’s only really enough to cool the tank for recovery. Not enough power here for something bigger

I think you just got my wheel turning again with the solar :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ya, I still really like the idea because we Have near constant sun here

These are pretty damn cheap!

It would be great to at least supplement the water heater to save energy

1 Like