The Importance of CO2 Enrichment

I started hauling steal tanks then bought all aluminum. After on shifting and trying to come out the liftgate i switch to LP. Besides i dont look like i play paintball so the only other reason im refilling 20 tanks is i grow weed, not a good look back then.

4 Likes

grow mushrooms and vets of brewers yest to produce CO2. the yeast makes amazing fertilizer and the mushrooms are great for eating (i recommend starting with oyster mushrooms)

2 Likes

I’ve been converting oxygen to carbon dioxide since 1976, and hope to continue doing so for the foreseeable future.

8 Likes

tenor (1)

3 Likes

@Baked-All-Day What size is the area you are using the IR-28 and how much heat is generated? Would it be possible to have this unit located in another room and pump the CO2 into the grow space with duct work and an inline fan?

I’m thinking about moving my -86c freezer I keep dry ice in into my grow next door so that any di that sublimates will feed the plants cutting down on supplemental co2 requirements. Ghetto recycling of sorts.

1 Like

I did the same with my old di. Minus the occasional science experiment in the back yard.

3 Likes

You might be able to do something like that but never seen it done.
Green Air did a horrible job at marketing the IR line of gens. Most gens like GA previous model I owned had a pilot light that was always on generating heat and the burners were just simple burners that would light when the CO2 dipped below your setpoint. The new unit uses a ceramic IR burner that works much different and gens more CO2 with less heat. It only generates heat when it is running and shuts off when the CO2 hits your target point. So even without the ducting and fan it puts out less heat than ANY gen on the market of equal size.

@Baked-All-Day, I appreciate the reply. I guess like with most things I will never know unless I try.