Thc testing for use

Hmm question
Wich cannabinoids show up on test preformed by police ?
So there are test beeing used to see if someone has been using thc
But wich thc will show on the test
Only delta 9 thc
How about delta 8
And most interesting delta 10
Does it show ? @Kingofthekush420
How is the high actually for D10 ?
Anybody ?
Thx

4 Likes

I’m willing to bet any thc isomer will show

Cbn has been shown to give false positives for thc also

5 Likes

JWH 210 doesn t wonder if there is a isomerized natural high making cannabinoid that does not show :thinking:
What are these test responding to ?

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4NEJkbhISB/?igshid=1avqyn2q1m7o5

Cbnd is 5x the potency of d9 and wont show up as thc on a drug test

6 Likes

Whoa thats a Nice one i forgot about those
I ll get my little black book and report
Maybe you smart souls can figure some out
To be contineud

6 Likes

To answer your question @Roguelab, drug use tests are generally designed around metabolites, rather than the parent drug molecules. In the urine test for marijuana use, the metabolic analyte of THC is 11-nor-9-carboxy-Δ9-THC, also known as “carboxy-THC”… a name sometimes abbreviated THC-COOH (instead of the more accurate 11-COOH-THC), which has apparently confused even some reputable medical authors (e.g. those at The Mayo Clinic) into erroneously believing the analyte of interest in drug tests is the common tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCa), the non-psychoactive natural carboxylic acid form of THC (i.e. 2-COOH-THC) that is found in unheated resin on the Cannabis plant. They are both technically THC carboxylic acids, but the location of the carboxylic acid group is significantly different between the two.

This 11-carboxy-THC metabolite can be found in the urine usually within 60 minutes of consuming THC, but sometimes it takes as long as 4 hours to show up. It is important to note that urine may contain carboxy THC for 7 to 10 days after light to moderate use and as long as 30 to 60 days after cessation from heavy use. THC metabolites like 11-OH-THC (primary, active) and 11-COOH-THC (secondary, inactive) are rapidly absorbed and stored in body fat, but they are only released from these lipid vesicles slowly over time, mainly via glucuronidation of the secondary 11-carboxy-THC into the tertiary THC-11-glucuronoside, a more water-soluble congener of the drug’s metabolites.

The reason it is important for us to note (and for the drug testing labs to know) the duration of metabolite presence in the body (their biological half-lives), and for any “positive” rapid immunoassay urine test to be validated by a more thorough HPLC-MS (Mass Spectrometry) analysis, is because the ratios of these metabolites is the ONLY way to determine how recently THC has been consumed. In other words, because THC metabolites persist for so incredibly long in the body, albeit different ones at different times, the presence of 11-OH-THC or 11-COOH-THC or both in varying ratios is the only way to empirically prove or disprove a THC user’s actual intoxication!

For example, a person who happened to have smoked a joint a week before rear-ending someone’s vehicle as he failed to brake for a traffic light may or may not have actually been stoned when the accident occurred, but the rapid urinalysis for THC will still pop just as “positive” as if he were baked out of his gourd! Only the mass-spec can acquit (or convict) him of DUI charges with any reasonable veracity!

In spite of the recent legalizations of Cannabis use all around the world, some nations, states, counties, employers or other drug testing “authorities” remain staunchly in the draconian mindset of prohibition. Many of them may not know (nor care to know) about the importance of the mass-spec for the distinction between prior Cannabis use and current THC intoxication, and will therefore require no more validation than the rapid urinary immunoassay to throw your ass in jail or even prison! However, you can demand it… but you must do so immediately, repeatedly and on legal record at the outset of that very first compulsory urinalysis or blood test!
…THE MORE YOU KNOW! :stars:

8 Likes

If only I could have found this information when weed was illegal in Oklahoma.

Many-a-google searches for half-lives, chronology of metabolism and how tests work.

This was a good read, thanks dude.

3 Likes

This is all very triggering for my post incarceration ptsd :rofl:

Although I have been wondering about tia for a friends mom. She is a chemist for a large paper company. Unfortunately they still drug test their employees and she failed for MJ. Now she can’t smoke and is pretty bummed.

We were brainstorming about d8/d10 and their metabolites. Is anyone set up to run urine samples on their HPLC?

Urine analysis is done on an MS

Thank you, very much for this.

1 Like

I believe it’s done on GC-MS or HPLC-MS

Yes, MS is the detector

A regular hplc with DAD wont work

1 Like

Thnx I understand now. I was wondering what those hyphenated acronyms actually mean beyond just words.
I am pretty clueless about analytical chemistry. I Hope to change that soon

There is a rapid “colored line” test based on immunoassay for urine. This is the primary test for most intoxicants and it looks like a card of “pregnancy tests”, but for various drugs of abuse, like meth and regular amphetamines, opiates, cocaine, THC, etc. The follicle (extracts), blood (plasma), and even urine samples can then be run via chromatography to Mass-Spec detector to find ion fragmentation signatures of the metabolites of a larger array of specific drugs.