Thc remediation or conversion to cbn for CBD crude oil

Hello everyone, I’m new in this blog and I’m reaching you to see if a good samaritan can help me out.
I’m looking for a consultancy to assist me with the remediation or conversation of cbd crude oil which contain a fraction of thc of around 1~2.5%. I need to put the value down to 0.2~0.4%.
Any recommendation?

I usually see conversion done on distillates and I would like to understand feasibility to work on a crude oil.

Here is the result I would like to achieve:

Thanks in advance

What equipment do you have access too?

No much equipment yet, we are on the way to buy a short path set with magnetic stirring heating mantel and chiller. This setup was considered ideal to remove thc from distillates but I am not sure if it can work with crudes

No a short path will not remove THC from your material, the easiest way is Oven tek… but it’s very old school and not super effective, although I’m not sure what scale you’re looking at.

If not degradation via oven tek you only have either Chromatography, which can get a bit tricky sometimes and requires a lot of solvent, or catalytic degradation which I wouldn’t recommend without at least a chemistry background/foundation.

There is of course blend tek as well but then that begs the question what are you going to cut it with?

1 Like

If the d9 is only @1% you could just mix in two parts of cbd isolate…

Like @CO_Chromatography said you’re not going to separate cbd and thc using a shortpath

1 Like

@Deschuteslabs

you could always do sped up “oven tek.” Its done by heating your oil in any type of sealed vessel that you can heat continually while you back fill with a inert gas.

Temps and times vary.

3 Likes