THC Remediation Byproduct Disposal

For people who are using chromatography to remediate THC, what are you doing with the pure THC that’s being produced as a byproduct? How can it be stored and disposed of in a way that makes regulators happy? Has anyone received specific guidance in their jurisdiction?

Dab it, quick!

9 Likes

In New Mexico, the regulators here are looking for tamper evident seals, restricted access and strict inventory logs for anything above .30% THC. Unfortunately it can’t be sold to the medical side yet as they have to make all their own THC from their own plants. They’re allowing for conversion for now, but offered zero guidance so far on how to properly destroy it if we were to take that route. All they said was to give them a call when we decided to destroy it to see if our method would be approved. I know most folks are just storing it under lock and key hoping they’ll eventually be able to sell it to the medical or rec side in the next few years. :man_shrugging:t3:

I was told that in Colorado they mix it with sawdust or cat litter.

Yep or just good old dirt or sand. The MED allows for that on the licensed side. Mix it with a little solvent first so that it soaks in good before it dries out.

2 Likes

easy bake oven to CBN :woozy_face:

4 Likes

So mixing with sand/sawdust dilutes it back to legal hemp. That’s a cool trick, I haven’t seen anybody selling that yet. Definitely don’t throw it away. Someone do the math on how much THC a five gallon bucket would hold, diluted to compliance with sand. 30g for every 10kilos, is that economical enough for shipping? Maybe by the truckload

Idk if sand would qualify, one could pretty easily extract THC covered sand. If I remember correctly, the law states that any product meant for disposal “shall be made unrecognizable” before being put in the garbage.

So, cat litter covered in oil mostly just looks like it was used to clean up motor oil, and I highly doubt anyone getting that mess from the dumpster has the ability to get the oil out. Nasty terps and raffinate were the only thing I ever used it for.

Food grade cat litter? Lol

No it doesn’t, there no law anywhere stating that you can legally convert MJ to hemp.

We haven’t gotten any guidance from the state of Michigan. MDARD says we can sell it to the dispensaries through the metric system. LARA who administers the metric system says no one talked to them about that, and no. They really are begging to have that shit dumped in the BM with no tracking, reporting, or guidance here in Michigan.

1 Like

48" column keg stand