THC Imposters (Isomers)

Acid + heat+ time even in Turkey bags seems to cause isomerization to something undetected. Perhaps an immediate decarb of raw plant could discourage this by eliminating the acidic environment; if distillate is the desired end product that is…

From another thread with @MagisterChemist

“What i’m saying isn’t old/bad crude vs cryo crude. It is material harvested this year vs been in turkey bags for two years. I can run both on the exact same extraction method and get a better wiped film result on the former. And my result from the later isn’t bad. I can still get 93+. Just not 99.”

And from future above “Acid+heat+time cause isomerization. So any sort of acidic compound or condition in the boiling flask is gonna cause isomerization”

mine leaks like a bitch too. I’ll have to try the tape lol

i too enjoy the high from the mixed thc distillate. most people i give it to vocal report its potent effects, yet in CO we don’t have a good way to report these thc isomers that i know of. I have heard of one company making it on purpose, but i don’t know what they are reporting on their testing results…

1 Like

Can i check the Ph of my starting gel? if so, what would be the best method to do so?

GH

What gel ?
If it has Any water content ph can be measured with ph paper moisture already counts

By gel i mean the decarbed bho prior to distillation. it would have almost no alcohol and almost no water, hence my question :slight_smile:

Well try doing a readout while still Some etho in

Or take a drop oil and a drop of 96% etho and mix and test

someone from infinite told us that theres up to a 5% variance, this was recent, as far as sales are concerned thats a huge %, either way i’d also like to know if they’ll add D10