Thar Process: Large scale Super critical Fluid Chromatography to separate CBD

Thanks i will look into it. any reccomendations con companies?

Our team just returned from Thar last week and they informed me this morning that the 300L unit is not designed for sub-critical. Leaning more towards then separating waxes in sep 1 and light + heavy in sep 2.

Been hearing a fair abit amount of this.

You tried this prior to the first winterization?

I would imagine the heavier waxes still had good amount of active in them.

Yes prior to winterization. It actually worked pretty well and the heavier waxes separate out pretty solid white under 4000 rpm for 10-12 minutes. Its really the lighter waxes that mixed a lot with the cannabinoids so we still had to winterize to get those.

1 Like

How cold did the centrifuge run at ? -10c?

Thanks for the info

Iā€™d wager the opposite, The doc linked here-> https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-04/documents/propane.pdf even says that butane has been detected in human breath samples at 1-10ppb ! (New one on me LOL, never heard this before LOL, weird)

Actually no, we ran warm because without a solvent the oil and wax are much too thick to separate even at room temperature. However, we did try -10C tests after winterizing at -80C for a couple hours and that worked too but the cold stressed the centrifuge tubes too much and they would crack periodically. We were using a Sorvall ST40R btw.

1 Like

They make some bridges for the centrifuge bottles to help prevent the bottles from breaking at the cold temps .

POA:

1. Thar SFE CO2 ā†’ Raw Crude
    2. Slightly diluted centrifugal wax/lipid separator
  2. Sambo Creek winterisation ā†’ 1 pass
  3. Falling Film
  4. Degas/Decarb Chamber Beaker & Wrench
  5. Pope Scientific 2-stage 6" Beaker & Wrench assisted

So point 2 would be addition to our downstream chain

Azoth extractor pricing as of June 2019. Everything included (Chiller, Boiler, Training, Spare Parts, Tools)

700L Chamber with centrifuge basket & 200L/min pump
$1,452,000
400L Chamber with centrifuge basket & 200L/min pump
$966,000
80L Chamber with centrifuge basket & 100L/min pump
$647,000

The Azoth system is completely unique as compared to any other Co2 extractor, answering the challenges experienced with cannabinoids and SCFE with Co2 . The Azoth systems have up to 3 separate collection paths to do subcritical / cold terpene run, Co2 only run and a CXE Co2 Expanded Ethanol run all in one process with no user assistance other than loading and pressing start. Fully custom stored programs to achieve todays SOP and the Future SOP.

Ethanol also used for automatic Clean in Place (CIP) procedures.

Uses 1/4 the ethanol of other high pressure Co2 systems. With the usage being CXE and CIP rather than for winterization.

Uses 1/10 the ethanol of an ethanol extraction process.

Co2 rinses remove all the Etoh used in the CXE step. Biomass is Etoh free for easier disposal or sale.

3 Likes