Thanks

I just wanted to say thank you to Killavolt, Killa12345, Soxhlet, and Roguelab. I am currently doing my second pass on my first ever distillate run. I wouldnt not be where im at right now if it wasnt for you all and all of the great information i have read. I hoping this time is comes out less smelly. We shall see.

11 Likes

It s been a while since we had a newbie at the distillation wheel. :grin:
Welcome to the Distillation family
Share your ride someone might benefit and
Keeps us all sharp

7 Likes

Yust looked at the pic you posted that valve seems to block a lot of your vacuum path can t it go higher ?

2 Likes

Well again thank you and i will do my best to inform the community of my progress. After reading through killavolts post in 2018 and seeing how you all tried to help him it really sold me on this site as a valuable tool to help me in my current position. It was really nice to see so many people truly care. Gives me hope for society. Lol

7 Likes

You ll do great
Practice makes perfect as does discipline
In time you ll find the. Corners that can be cut but in general stick to the laws of physics
And give love to the vac pump a good pump makes all the diffrance

3 Likes

yes but im not sure how much before it starts releasing vacuum pressure. I will test how high i can get it after this run. Just dont wanna do it mid run. I am also going to get another vac reader to go right after that valve so i can see my in system vac as well as at pump. I will probably shorten my vac tubing as well. Just waiting for some parts to arrive.

1 Like

@killavolt in case you ever visit us
Your ride might have been rough but you are treully missed over here :pray:

2 Likes

All finished with the main fraction. This is the result of following you and others advise. Thanks again.

7 Likes

Got some test results back. I hit 88.87 total on my first run. 95.79 total on my second run and 88.67 total on my third run. Couldnt have done it with out you guys. Thanks again. On a side note i came back with 5/50/35 ppm of residual solvants in my distillate any thought?

3 Likes

Makes me miss running distillate. Looks great good job

3 Likes

If it was the solvent you clean with, bake your glassware longer before assembly.

2 Likes