Texas requires 6 full test per kilo, what do other states require?

Texas is requiring each 1.36 kilos of concentrate to have 6 full test and 1 kept in reserve for later testing. It seems awful to have to fully test, each Kilo 6 times. I mean I pay 600 for a full panel. That’s paying $3600 to test a $800-1000 Kilo of disty wtf. Not to mention my clown show of a testing facilitie requires 30 grams for a full test. They are a scheduled 1 DEA lab, but they are new to fully testing cannabis. And I’m trying to be patient with them as they learn. I would go broke in that senero, quick.

1 Like

Did the new rules release? Where you seeing that.

No this is not new. My lab sent the info months ago, it’s the fact I miss read it. And Texas miss printed them actually. I’m not at my full computer now, but in the morning I’ll post the info. I see a work around, but I dont want to be that type of guy in this issue.

Maybe look into a more farmer/manufacturer friendly state for your business.

3 Likes

If I buy 5.5+ Kilos I need 15 full test. If i buy 1 thousand Kilos I need 15 full test. If I buy 0-0.5 i need 2 rest. 1.36 kilos i need 6 test. Il post the chart in the morning.

Here is the chart I was speaking about.
wt
They messed up in the first Kilo value, it should read 0.1-0.23. I miss read it to say exactly how its written. I can see running 2 test on 1 Kilo, but 6 is obsurd and unreasonable.
What do the other states require?

1 Like

@moveweight This is a link to the full doc.

https://hhs.texas.gov/sites/default/files/documents/laws-regulations/policies-rules/rulemaking/dec-2019-drafts-dshs-consumable-hemp-chapter-300.docx

1 Like

Gonna be honest bud, after further review I’m taking the Oklahoma route and letting my partners hang in the Texas market.

I’m tired of waiting to deal with hot product.

15 sample tests for 5+ kilos is like 450gram loss for testing not to mention the fees.

They don’t need to be different labs, but this is definitely going to limit the market to what products can be sold. Simply because it’s going to kick out the little guys who can’t afford to play ball. We have farms and fulfillment and retail in Texas rolling. Just don’t see us diving on delta 8 after all the insight on compliance/how difficult it is to have .3% or less d9 in d8 product.

I can’t keep jumping through hoops when just north we can have a license for dirt cheap and handle all product.

Does this only pertain to wholesale input materials? What are the regs on importing products?

1 Like

After reading. This is the 2019 draft. We have one from March I think brother. One sec.

May 2020 proposed rules (not in place but most up-to-date)

This is the way to go until Texas realizes it wont work.

1 Like

Fulfillment, retail, farms are all setup in Texas for Hemp with partnership. They have a farm in Oklahoma and I’m going in on the processing license for significant equity and managing the project. Anything we can prove is d8 compliant ourselves from our d9 capable lab can find its way safely to Texas. That’s my thinking at least. Let the fulfillment and retail team deal with this Texas hoopla is where I’m at after being here since January.

That’s the biggest BS part!!
I can import products, as long as thoes products were manufactured under the local rules in that state. Total BS.

My work around is to have the processors send me 15+ kilos at a time and in the same container. Then I’ll homaginiz it and take 15 samples.
Again total BS.

3 Likes

unless… you’re from another state :eyes:

1 Like

It’s definitely an uphill battle for end product making in Texas. I’m thinking end product making in Oklahoma and then labeling fulfillment in Texas to dodge this.

Solves the hot d8 issues and will allow our Oklahoma facility to feed two states worth of business.

1 Like

@moveweight Texas is moving froward, the retail shops have 42 days starting Aug 3rd to register with the state. A smoke shop that I supply is pulling all their smokables on the 3rd. A few CBD stores I have products in claim, they dont care, and will continue to carry flower. “Its not for smoking, because there is a sign above the product” that says NOT for SMOKING. :man_facepalming: They asked if we were still going to offer Pre-Rolls, I just shook my head NO.

1 Like

Nobody can chime in on their testing requirements? Im very interested in what other state require.

So I only read the table posted above but it looks similar to what we have in our MED regulated lab in CO. We have to submit larger sample sizes based on the total batch size of the finished product. So the more oil involved the larger sample size needed. It seems pretty standard to me as far as sample size getting larger with the batch size

If I am reading the table correctly it states that the sample size is 1 gram plus or minus .2 grams. So a batch that is 5 Kilos should have 15 single gram samples plus two single gram reserved samples. I assume they keep the reserved samples for re-tests.

From examining the table alone, I am not sure that anyone is asking for 450 grams of your 5 Kilos. That would be a storage and waste nightmare for the labs involved.

Forgive me if it is in the literature itself, I do not have time to read through that. I am just going off of the information in the table that looks similar to the table posted in my lab. That is how I interpret it at least. Hope it helps.

2 Likes