Terpenes Dissolve Pods ???

Has anybody had issues with terpenes dissolving pods??

I have a theory that many of these pod systems are “leaking” because terpenes are dissolving the plastics and plastic glue that hold it together.

I have tried 3 separate pods with my Lost Vape Orion and all 3 have leaked when I try to vape shatter that’s been dissolved with a few drops of terpenes. A few minutes after filling the pods, they began leaking around the seams. The mouthpiece fell off on two of them!

I understand that the pods aren’t intended for this use, but has anybody else had a similar experience?

Yeah terpenes are nasty. One I had a lab sample high-terpene extract, and they had to resample because the terpenes destroyed the rubber seals of their syringes.

2 Likes

Based on these facts, I’m guessing that’s one of the main reasons many manufacturers steer away from open pod systems. I bet that’s also a reason why many open pod systems leak. Because they may be filled with something i.e. a solvent/terpene, that’s incompatible with the glues and plastics they use to assemble the pods. Then they leak, customer complains, bad reviews online, sales decline, manufacturer is lucky to recoup tooling costs… So silly me, the pods are probably perfectly fine, but I destroyed them by filling them with an incompatible solvent. (On another note, do I want to vape something that dissolves GLUE???)

BTW, if anybody is vaping a THC liquid in an Orion, what are you using to dissolve the wax?

For real though. Vaping high terpene concentrations always seemed sketchy to me too. I for one filled up some pure distillate carts at a lab that mixed distillate-terp blends, and soon enough everyone said the unflavored was their favorite and the only one that didn’t make them cough.