Terp Science Info Thread

I’m a beginner to terp science and I would love this thread to be a thread for those who like to mess around with terps and who can share their variety of knowledge based around terp science

Thank you everyone who posts this thread.

1 Like

What would you like to discuss? terpenes themselves, their effect, or extraction methods?

3 Likes

I’m definitely true believer in the “entourage effect” of terps(cbd and all the other goodies)! To me it adds so much to the feeling when smoking or vaping!

2 Likes

So in your opinion what is the best way to extract terpenes

1 Like

best bang for your buck is going to be extracting the oil in a closed loop system, then extracting the terpenes from the resin via shortpath. going straight from biomass takes a long time because your apparatus can only handle so much at a time. By using the extracted resin you can significantly lower the amount of material you have to process.process goes like this
extract biomass cls->vacuum evaporation of terpenes->winterazation->evaporation->short path evaporation for cannabinoids->recombine terpene fraction with distillate.

When you harvest your resin and subject it to the first evaporation of the terpenes you may bubble n2 gas into the bf via glass capillary tube.you want a low flow-flow meter for this somewhere in the neighborhood of .5 cc per min.This will sweep the terps tward the condenser and cold traps. Use the highest vacuum you can generate and gentle heat and stirring.

4 Likes

everything!

1 Like

There is a lot of great info out there if you just start reading. General knowledge of the entourage effect, the most commonly occurring terps, and the standalone properties of individual terps is a great place to start. I’ve spent a decent amount of time playing around with terp isolate blends, comparing extract terp ratios to parent biomass ratios, and understanding their medicinal uses but without specific questions its hard to know what info to provide you in order to help you in your exploration.