Tan colored isolate

What would cause cbd isolate being made to randomly start coming out tan instead of white?

All of our batches have been white and suddenly it’s all coming out tan. The process is the same, the input material has changed. We thought it was waxes from our freezer temp being tampered with during winterization so we re-winterized and it’s still coming out tan.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Did You try recristalizing ?

Sorry you did :grinning: Tan as in off white or beige ?

Another rinse on the crystals should pull out more of the oils and lighten the color. Sometimes the crystals will look tan first rinse and will become extremely white by the third rinse.

Off white. The crystals look nice but they just aren’t that nice pure white. They are passable but not the quality we want to put out

Thank you. I will try that. I think they were only rinsed once.

1 Like

If you have a rotovap make sure to keep the rinse so you can extract the heptane back out and potentially save what was rinsed out with chromatography

1 Like

Why would You have to do chroma on pure isolate ?
Cbd not mygame. Just. Curious ?

Not on the isolate but the rinse from the isolate. We collected all the rinses and rotovapped the solution to check if we lost anything in the wash. I’m not exactly sure if there is anything left in it but we saved ours to check.

I get that part Thx but i wondered about the croma why would that be necesary to get the nasty s out [quote=“Roguelab, post:8, topic:11368”]
chroma
[/quote]

Oh it’s not! I think we are just doing it to try to collect more. The wash is the only part to get the oily stuff out. My bad I got carried away

1 Like