Static buildup in media

Tbh I’ve never worked with kittylittertek.

Just wanted to add that c1d1 is basically an on call vent for gas. It’s fuckin amazing.

1 Like

Yeah fresh material is where its at and then no crc needed the thread is on crc though. its 30 mph wind outside today, and I got my first ever propane REFILL vs exchange- it may give an extra day of co2 per tank? They had a fluid transfer pump and Im not sure if he did it all but i think he tared the tank? it was on big mechanical triple beam. and then filled it on a digital readout to 18.5 lbs. not a ton of safety protocols.

1 Like

When dumping you should have your crc away from the area anyways but I mean outside it’s just gonna fly all around you. Something like an area that has negative atmosphere that will allow the powder to settle & not fly would be ideal to utilize. Discarding of waste product should be then put in a seperate area of ventilation to remain degassing till ppms are of an acceptable range. & of course away from an ignition source.

i offgas and then place the column in a ziplock and dump= thats static city, but I do offgas for like a day and then open column fully, im not about volume. ive heard the powders are fine and bad for lungs. Also isnt on topic. What the answer?

i am always moving a tube here or there but need to ground via some roach clips and wire.

Why not use an actual grounding block setup?

Here’s my input,

1. yes your machine should be grounded
  2. the booth does eliminate gas before explosive limits, but the point of a c1d1 is to even have safe conditions if there is a large leak at once…so I see the fear of static charge
  3. if someone wants to work with my PE I’m happy to help come up with calculations.

There are a few other gray areas like left over butane coming out of vacuum ovens. Happy to help fine tune anything if someone wants to do the work with me :heart:

6 Likes

:pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

I’ll be calling later this week after discussion with that client

Thank you for you time & input

I still see the column degassing a small amount 12 hours later thinking about throwing a bucket of water in there then dumping? i just worry the media is still going to make static

Throw one of these down and make it the designated reloading area. Dump onto a container that’s stationary on it so that the media can’t build up static.

4 Likes

I think his fear is from the triboelectric effect. Honestly I don’t think any of these particles will build up enough energy from collisions while falling to discharge a static charge based on the fact they are already conductive materials. You’d actually need a non conductive material to build up static charge from rubbing.

1 Like