SS mainbody question

So after weeks of my main body being in at a shop, they come back to tell me they can’t get the parts needed :rofl: what a waste of time…

I’ve been told I can get a SS main body but I’m also told that it’s glass lined… is that standard with like chemtech, vta, hve, or even the Chinese brands? From my reading, and I could have just missed something, but they should be just SS yeah?

3 Likes

My chemtech units are not glass lined.

4 Likes

Man sry ur getting such a run around with ur wfe body @FTGLabs here’s to hoping it gets figured out soon!

2 Likes

Yeah I was thinking it was straight SS.

The only ones I’ve read about using glass are hybrid systems; even then, I can’t remember if they were glass lined

I’ve heard of glass lined steel reactors but not wiper bodies.

1 Like

Best price I’ve received so far has been 7200 + 800 for shipping

Glass lined steel body?

Was this a Chinese wiper by chance?

Sounds like something only China would do tbh lol

1 Like

Honestly i can’t say, it was an offer through a third party. I turned it down cause it being glass lined didn’t sound right

1 Like

It’s sometimes used for pressure reactors that are intended for use with acids that wouldn’t be steel compatible. I’ve never heard of a wiped film having it though, and i don’t see why it should.

4 Likes

Advantage of glass over stainless; it’s seethru, so it’s easier for operator to grok

Advantage of stainless over glass; better heat transfer than glass.

Advantage of glass lined stainless? None?!?

2 Likes

Stainless don’t care when I drop a wrench on it with my butterfingers. Glass is unforgiving.

4 Likes

Which might be an advantage to encasing glass with stainless…

2 Likes

Oh God I guess there is a purpose

Glass factory had better QC and tighter tolerances than the metal fab factory.

Maybe its a wiped filmed reactor for doing acidic conversions.

2 Likes

The only reason that would make sense would be chemical compatibility. Which I don’t think is relevant to our application.

4 Likes