Sri 310c for sale

sri 310c

Massachusetts

Best offer/ not sure what it’s worth.

1 Like

I think someone else is selling one on here for like 10k. Sure wish I could afford to grab it from ya. I could use it here in Maine… good luck finding a new home for it!!

Edit could be a different model I dunno…

2 Likes

Any more info on it?

Condition, spares, etc.

Why are you selling?

This particular Model 310 is what we call the “gas-less educational GC”.
It is not equipped with the necessary hardware to measure cannabis.
It has a CCD ( catalytic combustion ) detector and is intended to demonstrate the principles of gas chromatography in college or high school teaching labs. It can’t measure anything which has a high boiling point like THC. To retrofit it to measure cannabis would cost more than a new 310MM which has everything needed to measure cannabinoids, terpenes and residual solvents.

10 Likes

We know now lol thank you is it work anything? @srihugh1

1 Like

Try to sell it on e-bay, but say what its intended for.

1 Like

Price???

$ 1500 seems reasonable.
Hugh
SRI

2 Likes

Okay thank you

@srihugh1 what is the cost to outfit this for thc or terpene testing

1 Like

Its going to cost more than a new GC equipped with the necessary hardware.
A new GC with everything you need for terps, cannabinoids and residual solvents is $10, 495
Hugh
SRI

4 Likes

Do you ever have refurbished units? @square_root_pharms, and I live pretty close to each other. Maybe we can go halfsies on one to advance both of our research and share the unit, as well as our findings! @srihugh1, how about a sponsorship?!!

3 Likes

I wish I would have saved the thousands of dollars I spent on lab tests, and used it to buy a 310MM.

1 Like

Instead of halfsies, we can go splitsville @blackie if you wanna invest our proposed unit bud! I’d be willing to run gc analytics for us’n maineah’s here on the board if’n we could make it happen… let’s start a heady lil analytics lab guys!?

2 Likes

Sent you a pm

I almost scored a full-size with fid and heated injector for 900 on eBay a while back. It shouldnt take too much $$$ to score a 6810c with fid and heated injector that’s really all we will need I think beside the standards. There is a split ferrule I think @srihugh1 has that might make dual columns and thc plus terpene testing possible with one injector?

There’s a 311 autosampler on eBay for sale too which might help with quantification vs a manual injection.

2 Likes

We have had many e-bay GCs/new owners which we support as if they bought new.
If you can find a e-bay SRI with FID and heated injector already then SRI can help you get it set up for cannabis analysis for about $1000 labor and $500 for the right cannabis column. $725 for training in Torrance CA if you need it.

Most of the time, you can find a GC with FID but no heated injector. In that case we can add the heated injector for an addtional $1500. You don’t absolutely need a heated injector especially if you are mostly testing concentrates which are already decarboxylated. The heated injector makes sure that the extract you inject ( which contains THCA or CBDA ) decarboxylates within a few seconds.
This results in sharper better peaks which make the measurement more precise.

Terpene testing does not require the heated injector. You don’t need a different column for cannabinoid and terpene testing. The same column works for both. You don’t need a split ferrule unless you want to spilt the injection onto two columns going to two different detectors. You would have to have a 2nd detector for this to make any sense. Unlikely to find such a configuration of ebay.

The 311 autosampler would work, but making the extraction in a 40 ml vial, then transferring some of it to a 2ml vial to fit into the autoampler costs $1 more per sample ( compared to 15cents if you do it manually ) and takes more time. You can do the manual injections ( 10 minutes or less ) faster than you can process the samples into an autosmpler tray. The precision in any case is no better than a practiced human operator hand injecting the syringe. The only argument in favor of the AS which makes sense is that you can afford the time to make 3 or more injections of each sample and then average the results. This would give you slightly better precision.

8 Likes

Half day of training for up to four people is included if you buy a new unit?

1 Like

Yes, if you buy new you get free training for 4 hours 4 people.
Hugh
SRI

2 Likes