Splitting one injection coil to two columns

Does anyone run one injection coil into 2 columns simultaneously? I’m curious about how the flow is affected after it leaves the coil and splits off into the two hoses?

Depends on your line size, ive done it to 4 columns at a time and didnt notice any real diiference in filling just took a lil bit longer

I’m running 1/2” lines. It just seems weird to come off a 1/2” line into two 1/2” lines…

Split it into two 1/4 inch lines.

Or create a minimum 1 inch diameter manifold after the coil. Then you can have 1/2 inch lines coming out of the manifold.

Or just leave as is :joy:

2 Likes

Well I’m curious what the most common practice for running multiple columns is. Are ppl running one column at a time while prepping the other one or are they running both columns at once and if so do they run each column from independent injection coils or one coil for both?

1 Like

Not trying to hijack but when you split flow to run simultaneous how do you keep track of how much you’re flowing in each tube?

1 Like

I isolate my columns and run them independently from a manifold with 1 coil. I run them independently so I can monitor my flow/ wash ratio.

1 Like

run each column independently, fill column one and send it, while its being sent/recovering start filling column 2.

1 Like

That’s what my plan is. Im going to heat the first column after blasting it and then use the pressure built up as a hot vapor push for the second one. Makes sense right?

2 Likes

Thats bow i did it on a multi tube set up, let the precious column heat up and us the pressure to push the next column.

3 Likes

Awesome

one column at a time. then you can monitor run completion properly.

3 Likes