SPD microns just won't drop

I understand. I got as far down to 230 microns. Perhaps I will hold tight and check prices on Alcatels pumps. My pump is the Agilent MS40+ that came with the USA LAB 5l distiller

If you can pull 230 microns you should be ok.
Still not ideal but it won’t be red

2 Likes

I can’t stress enough how grateful i am for this community. Thank you guys

3 Likes

you need some better vacuum hose, and possibly a better pump. do a helium leak test to find the leaks.

2 Likes

Your using the wrong vacuum pump. That’s a wet vapor pump.

That’s not the correct pump. That pump is for wet vapors and you’ll need a e2m30 to make it through for instance.

Did they sell you a less thank adequate short path, and obviously not have the proper conversation with you about the pump? Looks like it. Call me anytime for some straight up advice. I’ll hold your hand through it. 4083487264

Brother take it for what it’s worth, a dry pumped down short path should sit under 20 microns. And that’s considered bad. All of our short paths can sit at 1 micron dry. We have posted videos showing even deeper, but still saying a brand new hvac pump and short path greased up should hold 20-50 microns on a bad day. You should easily see 5-10 even with a hvac pump and clean gl14 connections.

4 Likes

You still running this MS40+? Any better results? I’ve been stuck with 2 of them for a while and would be interested in trading notes

Cheers
JN

Use one for volitiles and an other two stage for mains best thing you can do
:fist_left:

3 Likes

@Roguelab
Thx homie! I certainly want a better pump setup and it will happen, just have to squeeze everything out of these in the meantime

I have been lucky many times on local Craig’s list set up one for sale and buy the next best off luck :fist_left:

Haha, not much on Oklahoma CL, but I could certainly get one shipped from anywhere. Just gotta wait for some investment to return

1 Like

@JiggyNasty sorry for late reply. I successfully ran my SPD and got microns as low as 150. Hope that helps

2 Likes

Im regularly running about 30 micron first pass and low teens on 2nd. I am 1” all the way to glass, the hoses will seriously limit your vac depth and the pump

1 Like