someone has this filter?

someone has this filter? could help me with the specifications such as height, diameter, etc, I am thinking of building one.

This is the patented hochstrom filter. It is the most accurate table top laboratory filter on the market

1 Like

You know I make these from billet ss 316. Ready to go with a accurate water jet plate. Why would you want to copy it when you can get one tomorrow with a warranty.

2 Likes

Why do you need height and diameter? That is all irrelevant, make the filter to your processing scale.Personally i’d just guess at the numbers and make It my own.

1 Like

You ever considered that filter was built that way for a reason for flow rates, load depth, sealing repeatability, and common core paper sizes for the high grade USA sizes.

1 Like

Well yes, you’d want to build the filter around an available paper size that isn’t not too hard of a concept. Therefore if you are currently using a 100 mm paper in your current processing you’d probably want to build a buchner around that size. It doesn’t have to be the exact dimensions of the summit filter to work.

2 Likes

I heard the flaw in these is the glass carboy. Need a stainless steel collection for cryo :snowflake:

People use use like yoga mats under them tend to get alot of life. We use Duran glass for the most part. It’s as good as Duran. The issue alot of people have is when winterizing they freeze the bottom of the glass to concrete or a old carpet and the ice cracks the glass. I’ve never broke one myself but I’ve seen about 10-20 in my time of selling hundreds break. Some are user error. Some might be warranty. Hard to say.

1 Like

Oof I remember I dropped a carboy once. Lab was calling me “Exxon” for weeks. Well aware I was an idiot but I always say, labs should be idiot proof. We switched to vacuum kegs after that.

2 Likes