Some help for a newbi

Thermodynamics. If your collection is warmer than your column, it’s going to stall. Try cooling your collection much, much colder, otherwise your solvent will want to be a gas instead of liquid.

4 Likes

Big M… THANK YOU. I have a jacketed collection vessel I push ice water through it while we are pressure testing and vac’ing the system and this still does not seem to be enough. Could Glycol be used or should it be used in this situation? I have access to a water chiller but I dont think that it will be a whole lot better than ice water as my research says they only go to 32 and I hold my vessel at that temp. Am I making the column to cold? Is this possible? Thanks (updated) So I just went and did some quick research. The glycol chiller will bring it down to 25ish. Should that temp be cold enough? The water chiller will bring it to temp I am currently holding it at.

1 Like

So I figured it out. Big M was correct. How I got the temp even further down than 32 was Ice, Sea Salt,

and water slurry. Got the collection vessel down to 29 and she pulled right thru.
Here’s something I tried which Everyone I spoke to said could not be done or would not work. In the column, this time about a 2/3’s from the top I placed 14 grams of that dark ass wax in it with zero ideas what would happen. When we emptied the column we tore thru the material looking to see if it worked. Needless to say, we did not find any wax.
The column was already run, we decided to run again to see if the 120-sec soak got everything ( FYI it did) and see if the material would filter the wax. It seems to have worked at this point. Ill let you know with some pics. Thanks for the help everyone!

5 Likes

most excellent!!

Gotta give him some credit… at least it wasn’t the usual “I got some trim… what do I do now” post😂

7 Likes

Lol, this is true. And it does look like he got things figured out.

But for all other newbs reading this, I’ll say it again, make it easy for us to read and you’ll get more feedback. Most here actually like helping.

6 Likes

Unless your able to recover while injecting

5 Likes

Look, maybe this coming from the wrong guy because I’m a total wall-of-text’er but at least he tried to provide as much useful information as he could. The general archetype is that new guy shows up, asks a bunch of vague questions, is non-responsive (or unintelligible), and then attacks anyone providing info without actually trying any of the things anyone suggested.

This guy is not that and it’s nice. He asked pertinent questions, responded with real answers, and actually listed to what members suggested. A+ in my book

11 Likes

It may have come off harsh, but my comments towards homie were meant as constructive criticism. OP did clarify things when asked and we all got to the solution he needed. So I’ll give @Chef127 an A- haha.

I personally see more responses with advice when it’s laid out in bullet point fashion.

6 Likes

Haha constructive criticism well received.

I’ll try to format my responses better in the future lol

3 Likes

So her she sits. Much better, cannot thank everyone enough that has contributed to the post. As per my experiment, failure lmao but hey you can’t tell me it was not a pretty yellow. Now not so much. Black even more sticky. Well I gave it a shot. ( fyi the product was 9 months old when I got it and they were like do what ya can) but atleast they like the gummies I turn it into. As being a “real” chef I can mask the flavor well. again everyone thank you

6 Likes

For old materials, that looks pretty good. Also, good looking gummies!

Nice job bro!

2 Likes

good work getting your extracts looking better. can’t actually tell which part you consider a failure. guessing it’s your THCA crystallization.

we’ve got a whole section on that

seems to like you might want to start with sugar and water. some folks take offense to that suggestion, but it really is the best way to wrap your head around the information contained in these graphics.

for $100 you can set up as many mason jars as you like and learn about saturation, nucleation, growth rates, and the effects of seeds without wasting any more product. there are links around here to videos on the subject.

it really is as easy as @Curious_Roberto says. it has nothing to do with using a miner.

tech puts jar in cupboard for 6weeks-6months. comes back and finds diamonds. works to repeat. has happened dozens of times…

4 Likes

:100: i love helping but with butane im helpless. I do read thru the wall of texts when the newbs drop their “idk whats going wrong” thread, but having it all easy to read, is so much easier to help. And this dude handled it well, compared to the last 4 or 5 threads :man_facepalming:
Also with the crystallization step, i recommend adding 5-10% botanical or hemp terps (or cannabis terps if ur getting the @qma special) to help it crash out if its really old material that doesnt have any nose to it.
Youll be onto experimenting with crc in no time, good luck

6 Likes

Can confirm. Set bucket of crude in the back of a cold barn and forgot about it for 4 months. Came back to discover crystals. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes