Advanced Vape Supply Customer Service Sucks!

Been using a SiC dish for about a year now. I won’t go back to quartz.

@Hansel, I found a dish you can use to replace quartz dishes.

Edit: I thought you guys were talking about dab rigs lol

3 Likes

Right here :raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

Here’s the dish I use on my rig.

2 Likes

Im not a pro videographer

But here is reddit:

He keeps a niblett on the dab tool at all times

2 Likes

Will these things hold big puddles and not splash everywhere? My dabs are about a 1/3 or a gram, and my old sai taf setup couldn’t handle that much.

3 Likes

Welcone to 2015. Your a few years late lol

1 Like

I’ve spent about grand on portable dab rigs

From dabados to pens.

They suck compared to dab

Ur right after u run couple grams through it if ur not changing coils all the time only the first hit is good…

I’ve yet to see durable on the go pro portable dabber…would love it though…I do it to much and break the nails so fast

1 Like

Puff co with the puff coil repair kits fuckin rips like a rig. And i blow glass so its not in my interest to turn people to puffcos over rigs. The puff coil repair coil runs significantly hotter on each setting. That paired with a good carb cap and the puffco rips bigger dabs then most people smoke. The trick/hack when its stock is to let it heat up and vibrate. Once its vibrates hold the button a cancel the heat cycle. Re press the button to re start heating. Once it vibrates that its done get in there and take a fatty dab. Im talking about a dab that makes you sweat. From a puffco peak

7 Likes

So there is a trick to a hotter dab…nice. that may make me actually buy one.

2 Likes

Im with ya. I started dabbing early, like 2005… Now its just too much for me unless im actually TRYING to go to sleep.

With all that being said theres probably better options at this point. Puffco started it. But you know how it goes. I had to drop like 60 on just the replacement coils. Which are not screw in. You literally rebuild tge stock coil and put a better heater on. Id reccomend trying one with it before buying one still. This hack is more for people that got one and it wasnt enough. Lowkey i would buy something else. My puffco was whack when i got it. Got a new rig for it (300) still sucked. New carb cap still sucked. Puffcoil kit was what changed it and the double fire hack. All said and done im in it a grand. Would i do it again? Yes but only because i now know all you need is a coil and carb cap (80 bucks) (comes with 6 coils). Would i consider another brand thats newer? Absolutely

2 Likes

Did you try SiC?

We keep it puddled 24/7 thats how it operates best, puddle and very low airflow

1 Like

It really dont matter to me…as long as I get proper taste w every hit like its clean dab

1 Like

Here are all the good portable wax pens I have tried. The bubbler fits the Dive Tribe on the end and the Motar right next to it. The Motar has the biggest bucket and is cooler at your lips due to the design as the others get hot if taking too many rips in a row. My fav coil style that the concentrate is on the coils is the Yocan Evolve Plus XL. That has 4 coils. I also have the Yocan Regen 3 coil pen that’s pretty sweet.
My fav crucible style is the Motar and only $24. Now I gotta blow another $170 on the AVS to see what all the hoopla is all about LOL. I have tried a SIC dish insert in a quartz banger back to back with an all quartz bucket and I liked the flavor better in the quartz but I read here that some like certain strains in SIC better than quartz and vice versa so I might give SIC another shot. I am a terp snob and am all about the flavor not the size of the hits. I would rather get smaller rips if it taste better and just smoke more.

6 Likes

I just got the SiC crucible for my divine tribe, haven’t used quartz or titanium since I got it. Flavor and heat retention is great. I’d buy a molecule if AVS wasn’t taxing like crazy, just the atomizer is the cost of an email setup

I also made another waxpen thread here: Modern Waxpens/Waxmods

3 Likes

Personally haven’t tried one of those mini electronic rigs, but I own a Sic and ain (aluminum nitride) insert that I am very pleased with. I find the flavor to be slightly better on the Sic versus ain. Also incredibly easy to keep clean… The ain is able to vaporize more of my extract at a lower temp than sic and quartz. This is the main reason I prefer dabbing on it versus quartz or sic.

2 Likes

I personally use a sapphire insert and it holds heat the best that I’ve found, I can drop a .3 dab and sit there and smoke it like a pipe for 15mins puffing away. I know that’s an unpopular way to smoke dabs opposed to one giant rip but that’s just me. I’ve never been super sold on any silicon carbide inserts but I’ve seen a single crystal Sic insert and it looked super great, outrageous price for sure but an interesting concept.

5 Likes

Silicon carbide is better than quartz for taste.

Quartz is a terrible conductor of heat. Thats why you can hold the joint of a banger while you torch the bottom of the bucket and your fingers don’t get hot. It also sucks at transferring heat to what’s put inside it. Silicon carbide on the other hand has great heat transfer characteristics and conducts heat to things put onto it fantastically. Since it conducts heat so well you can vaporize materials off it at a lower temperature. Leading to better flavor :slight_smile:

I’ve been dabbing off SiC for a few years thanks to the D-Nail Halo’s and now their Nimbus dishes. I like their Peak inserts a lot.

3 Likes

I must admit I ended up secretly judging those whom do not use sic.

I add heat to my extracts at will, and only to a preset temperature. I can cold start or hot start dabs. Run with or without water and can clean once every 2-3 dabs with waxy material. I pity those unable to Purchase their own sic due to financial or social concerns like I pity those that do not smoke weed.

I personally smoke about a quarter of a member on here’s extracts combined with another member’s terps. Sometimes Ill smoke a third member’s waxolates and badders which are pretty amazing as well. I have to smoke this much because I never smoke the concentrates as is. Ill break them down and experiment to see what I like. I have 20 something flavors of cannabis terps in different consistencies which allow me to mix and match. I even keep waxes in stock to cosplay rosin smokers

I also live with a toddler and a woman. Very stressful.

19 Likes

I need to try one of those AVS ones, I have a hard time believing it’s worth the price tag

1 Like