So we gave up on isolated terpenes, looking for hemp terps that have COAs attached that show the percentage breakdown of each terpenes in the blend

Anyone have a couple different blends.

We need 1 myrcene dominant blend

And then like 4 or 5 other blends that have a couple different dominant terpenes. I can get that list from my chemist if you need specifics.

But really need to see the COA to show percentage concentration of each terpenes

2 Likes

Tahoe OG is also mycrene dominant.

@qma terps are also mycrene dominant.

4 Likes

So everyone and their mom has myrcene dominant terpene strains. Does anyone have non myrcene dominant strains ?

5 Likes

@kenzyme

Literally every hemp strain is like all myrcene that’s why hemp terps all smell so similar. I’m yet to see one that is not myrcene dominant and trust me I’m looking lol

1 Like

This is weed 101 woe

1 Like

Myrcene might be a necessary precursor for cannabinoids synthesis, just look at its shape.

1 Like

i Mean that’s not weed 101 rly cause weed terps are not that at all, myrcene is the most common but there’s about 4 different ones that can be dominant.

I havnt ever needed to do a analysis on hemp terps cause we don’t use them or collect them in extraction at scale.

Soooo ya. :face_with_monocle::raised_hands:

Mycrene third and low.

I always was under the impressions the plant produced terpenes for various defense mechanisms. Many terpenes are anti microbial, antifungal, deter pests, etc. I do not know of any literature that suggests terpenes are converted to cannabinoids by the plant but things like caryophyllene pretty much act like cannabinoids too so who knows really. Terpenes are fodder for all sorts of chemicals

2 Likes

Definitely has something to do with it. The claim that cannabis is myrcene dominant is quite a statement

What do you mean? Just looking for clarification as your post could be inferred in more ways than one.

I am curious if there are examples of land races that are not producing myrcene at all. I think that naturally myrcene is the main monoterpene for genetics from certain parts of the world but there are examples of Limonene or terpinolene being dominant. Whether or not those are solely a product of selective breeding I do not know. I have seen a lot of afghani varieties that will be highest in beta caryophyllene but usually myrcene is not far behind so that may just be a volatility thing. Once in a blue moon I see flower labs that come back highest in terpene alcohols like nerolidol or linalool but I could count the number of times I’ve seen that on one hand.

In fact it might be a precursor and/or a byproduct of cannabinoids synthesis.
If you look at the shape of one of the assumed common precursor for CBG (and then the others), geranyl phosphate (in red):

you see something very close to myrcene:

Almost all the base of this is isoprene.
Cannabinoids and terps are produced from geranyl phosphate, but it is itself produced from monoterpenes. Myrcen could be in both groups. It seems ubiquitous anyway. Also found in other species.

Then I think you are right as well, terps act for different purpose at a larger scale.
They may act chemically in situ to suppress microbial, fungal growth…
They may also act as a communication means for the plans, to deter, or attract, insect and animals, but also to talk to its other mates around, as for instance to warn them on an incoming pest or drought (and thus tell them to prevently produce more resin for protection…). They might be a way to lure plants into doing things just by applying certain terps…

Other actions might occur at cellular scale, like acting as co-solvent ti mitigate aqueous reactions, resist to cold etc…

The interplay between the intricate chemistry and the effects at larger scale explain why, or rather how, these organisms exist.

4 Likes

I have ~16L of mixed strain terpenes for sale at a reduced price if anyone is interested. They have a very piney/flowery taste and include a lot of rare terpenes that could potentially be therapeutic for a variety of ailments.

If anyone is interested, hit me up. I’m trying to get rid of this stuff, so offer me a fair price and let’s get it done

How much is a novel hemp strain Limonene dominate worth to you? I may have a hook up if the price is right, the seeds are not verified (yet) and there is the chance that they can revert back. How many generations mature do you want the strain? What is your allowable discrepancy of THC? Also if you have specific dom terps in mind that are already in cannabis I can try to finagle more out of your strain of choice.

I don’t grow hemp myself so I’m not your customer but if someone is pulling terps on these strains you speak of then get at me.

The non Limonene strains are still in early phase of R&D, more of an hobby without funding. They will likely stay on the back burner unless I find more who are interested. Furthermore, as of now I am not a seed supplier, so non of my Limonene phenos will make it to market except eventually from the seeds I leaked (I have been giving some away).

This will be their fourth year, initially tweaked for mold and cold resistance but unintentionally resulting in much higher levels of Limonene. Regrettably I did’t record base lines, however my guestimate is at least four fold higher production of Limonene.

1 Like

Lowkey threadjack at this point

Sorry, that was bad etiquette on my part, I would gladly redact my comments but I can not find the place to delete my message.

We are located in Denver Colorado. Call/text: 646-515-8057 Alex

1 Like