so this just happened

What do I do to fix this?

I am.crying so hard right now

5 Likes

Ouch!

Order a new one.

Have a glass blower melt down a bit if possible.

Is that your vapor tube? Is that a China rotovap?

I’ve got a tiny buchi rotovap and same thing happened… 200 dollar part on a buchi lol

2 Likes

buy 2 of everything, rotovaps suck when the break, having a spare handy is the best way to keep production going. switching to steel is also an option but co$tly

6 Likes

Think it’ll fit an re-501? Yes its china. If I hit up usalabs think they might have a replacement vapor tube?

1 Like

Ya it should and ya they might have the part.

Good cause I was about to distill all this remediated alcohol hash oil when no bullshit my hand slipped and the neck of my 5L flask broke the vapor tube. The flask is fine but I broke down crying about the vapor tube.

1 Like

You should still be able to use it as is. Just watch the edges.

1 Like

can you send me a link to the buchi vapor tube?

$10 says he’s got a torch…

So he can take the sharp bits off his self :thinking:

Minion looked at me sideways last time I pulled that trick with a dab torch :joy:

And he stood on the fill tube for a 50l!!

5 Likes

I gaurantee it won’t fit the re501

Im heading to usalabs today if you wanted me to check it out a vapor tube while im there.

3 Likes

Can you remove it and post a pic of just the part? I think I have a solution but I wanna see the whole thing before I can be sure.

1 Like

Looks like a ptfe feed tube at usalabs

I threw them a bone to stop in here for you guys.

2 Likes

Nahh id rather just order a new vapor tube. :wink:

Gonna have to get creative like this guy

14 Likes

hahaha awesome!

This would be sumthing @BG305 would come up in a blizzard needing to recover alcohol… I could just see macguyver going at it now…LOL

3 Likes

Least I still got my still

7 Likes