sieve for tanks?/recovered butane filtering?

Okay so I haven’t been using a molecular sieve for butane recovery. The recovered butane obviously smells like a mixture of terpenes. I want to filter the recovered butane into another tank but how would I go about filtering it?. I’m ultimately wondering if I screwed myself by not using a sieve for butane recovery and if there is a way to filter out the residual terp smell?

re-distil your solvent at low temperature - with vac if possible. add molsieve to your recovery system

2 Likes

I thought re-distilling was the solution but I wasn’t sure. I run passive and I’m wondering where to place the mol-sieve.

How the hell to use one too and what to use all.info would be nice.

1 Like

Place it in between the collection pot recovery/vapor valve and your recovery tank, since you are running passive. It’s best to mount it vertical too that way the vapor is evenly scrubbed by the beads.

1 Like

Theirs a lot of dust that comes off the beads so make sure to use adequate filtering like a micron gasket. I like using a mesh gasket with a filter plate, the plate having Pyrex wool and a filter paper. This has worked well for me been using it that way for three years now

well…since you asked sooo nicely.
I asked google where you could put your molsieve…

https://www.google.com/search?q=where+do+I+put+my+molsieve&tbm=isch

you might want to check it out.

1 Like

Just used the search bar and found a thread on the right stuff to use. ty for the help . will let you know how it goes

1 Like