Should this granger PRV be safe?

My PRV started leaking so I need to get a new one ASAP even if its just temporary. Should this be safe to use?

Its got buna-n seal and stainless spring inside, lead free. The operating temps are no problem as listed.

Thanks guys

What’s the application? The watts only mentions water, oil, and air.

I use cryo relief valves from Generant. Rated to -320 with PCTFE seals.

2 Likes

It certainly matters if you use a solvent other than n-butane … Do you use propane ?

1 Like

70/30i

No good?

The generant is the one that im replacing actually. I guess ill be getting the same one and just have to wait a week or however long with christmas coming up.

It did its job for a year or more, it gets used quite a bit

I thought if it was compatible with oil it would be ok for 70/30 but thats why i asked… glad i did

1 Like

Corlee valve and fitting could likely get one out for you on Monday if you hit them up

3 Likes

nope. Propane PRV is 250psi so I wouldnt chance it also that thing is brass but thats just me trying to be perfect again lol

1 Like

what connection sizes do you need, also does it have to be the style that vents to a tube or just into the air?

1 Like

It clearly says in the description it’s for fire protection likes. This is for water dude.

Gas prvs has a very tags that are binded or come with them for safety.

2 Likes

Thank you guys, I learned something today. I just ordered the generant one overnight.

It said it was good for oil air and water and with the buna and stainless internals I thought it might work.

3 Likes

Are you running check valves before those generant prv’s?