short path60% cbd crude to 80% or better

I am new here I was told to come check this site out for help that i cant find online.

I am currently buying 85% cbd distillate but I can get 60% winterized for very cheap. I am thinking of short pathing the crude winterized to 80% if thats possible. does anyone know if this process is the correct process to do this and is there any special recipe to do this?

2 Likes

Hi,

Welcome to Future4200.com, you’re in the right place

The best thing to do is use the search function, its the magnifying glass on the top right.

There are countless discussions here archived that pertains to the information you seek! You will likely need some way to recover the solvent used in the winterization prior to SPD.

2 Likes

im new with all this and have never done this suh thing so im looking to learn everything from the proper equipment needed and the temps for everything.
i tried searching but i might be searching this site for the wrong terms.

it really comes down to the time/labor you are willing to invest. also guaranteeing winterization is key, as this step is a bit of extra labor. You should probably familiarize yourself with the whole extraction process, during which point you can find the tools you need. Or pm if you want i’d be more than happy to talk

It can 100% be done. Pretty easily…Not sure if it is the most cost effective way to get 80%+ THC/CBD Distillate though… Obviously just depends on your price points, but I know you can buy distillate of that potency in CO for around $6 per gram.
So depending on how much you pay for crude + your time + cost of equipment, it might just be easier/smarter to buy the distillate…

-Zach

1 Like

well this is thc free cbd distillate and currently paying $8000 for a kilo i can get a kilo of thc free crude for around $3000 so yea if i can take $3000 kilos and make it into what im paying $8000 for im all for it

Oh man there are lots of people on this forum that will sell you a kg of T Free for way less than $8000. @canatech82 had em for $4400 a little while back.

2 Likes

yea but to me price isnt as important as integrity of the company supplying us.

i can get cheaper stuff but until i thoroughly vet them ill stay paying my prices. Im happy paying $8000 for peace of mind i have absolutely nothing to worry about in my supply chain

Alright my friend. @canatech82’s T free was beautiful. Super clean, no smell, CBD over 90%…
But if you wanna do it yourself and cost isn’t a concern, I get that too. In that case, yes it’s 100% doable, and pretty easy tbh, since it is already T free. There are lots of SPD kits out there that come with everything you’d need, except maybe a vac pump… The size of your rig will determine what pump you need.

I hear @david makes some nice glass too, never tried it myself though.

1 Like

Research chromatography

1 Like

I’ll gladly sell @ $8000 a kg if that’s what you want to pay. :wink:

1 Like

Even better research wiped film evaporator.
#thinfilm #fallingfilm