Short Path Virgin!!

Hello soon to be family ! Been reading on here for two weeks and decided to get my feet wet ! I’m in awe just with the respect that everyone have for each other in here yet alone the amount of knowledge that is flowing through here ! Seen a couple of grumpy people but you can’t please everyone lol ! Me and my friend just order these items and would like to see what else we should order or can return and get something that would work better with the kit ! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

1 Like

Scratch that vac pump
Not really the pump used in spd.

3 Likes

I’d return it all. That system is 2017-2018 at best. There have been many many improvements that make that spd obsolete and the pump like @Demontrich said is not adequate for spd use. Good luck.

I’d immerse yourself here for a week straight just innthe distillation section and you will have a better knowledge of what’s needed.

11 Likes

@Demontrich and @Killa12345 are correct. That pump is inadequate. The spd works, but you can find better for the price. What is your spending budget for this endeavor?

See if you can get in touch with @david he has pretty good glass for a great price.

For a 2L kit, you can look up a pump “Alcatel 2021”. You can find em for 3-400 usually. Maybe less if you do some searching. Great pump for their price and they will get the job done well.

Hope we have helped.

@YPSIOIL is another glass (viking glass) maker that has great prices for his glassware. He’s also an American glass maker if that makes a difference.

8 Likes

So my question would be, what is the lowest possible CFM acceptable for the process to be successful? I am new to the distillation game and very very interested however currently my budget is around $1,100 to start and I am trying to keep cost low planning on upgrading equipment as quickly as possible. Thank you for any insight.

2 Likes

@sidco @Soxhlet this post got flagged. There is nothing to flag this post about. Are you able to remove the flag?

6 Likes

I would return the entire kit and go to @david for the glass if that’s still the right name lol
or better yet ROCCO scientific if your budget permits.
that pump is garbage.

use the search bar, its your friend ; ]

5 Likes

Dont skimp out on the vac pump or the mantle.

4 Likes

Hi, for some reason the system flagged it as spam. It should be back up now.

5 Likes

The Alcatel 2021 is an amazing pump for the money. I can pull around or below 100 micron during heads on a 10L system using that as my roughing pump, so even if you upgrade to a bigger system you’ll still get use out of it!

7 Likes

Thank you ! I got very discouraged and I have a long way to go . I’m finding a lot of research but I’m trying to find a pump that won’t break the small bank lol ! I would be able to upgrade shortly just need a couple runs . Best hoses? So I’m on the east coast and don’t really have a steady supply of material…and the concentrate I get is always dark and want to just run it through SPD and make better product and make carts . I know I’m far off and I’m reading nonstop. Idk if I have to wait 24 hours to post again but thank you guys for the input so far ! I’m addicted to this forum lol :laughing::dash::dash::dash:

1 Like

Thank you ! Gonna be a bumpy ride getting everything but I’m so excited! Wish I had crude to run but we only get mediocre wax and it’s always dark and tasted like :poop: in the carts .

1 Like

Thanks brother

2 Likes

look on ebay for a pump, find the model number and google the specs.
You should be able to find a fairly decent pump for a couple hundred bucks.
For hoses I would recommend you read up here and find the option that works best for you. Kurt J. Lesker Company | Tubing & Bellows Technical Notes | Enabling Technology for a Better World

2 Likes

You’re going to want a hot water circulator as well since a hot glycol circulator might be out of your budget. The cheapest, easiest option would be picking up something used on ebay. You won’t be able to get your condenser to 150c with one, but you can still make some decent distillate with the condenser running at 91c. Grab some 1/4" silicone tubing to run the hot water as well. Vinyl tubing will leak and possibly fail and spray nearly boiling water everywhere.

5 Likes

Hello team, I want to start in the world of distillates and I have 3,500 usd to start, what equipment could I buy with this budget, I appreciate your answers.
Thank you.

Upgraded zc 2l mantle 700
2l glass w/cold trap 800
Vacuum pump (used) 500
Vacuum gauge 150
Misc 250

Knowledge is pay to play or search for 3 months. Then the cost to get the crude needed.

1 Like

Entire turn key systems are usually upwards of $10-20k, depending on quality.
At your budget, if youre trying to break into distillation, I would suggest extracting crude and selling the unrefined oil until you make enough to start distilling.

What are you currently working on right now, or would this be your first step into the industry?

1 Like

Thank you, for your answer, my idea is to distill kief extracted by co2 (dry ice) using ethanol, this equipment you mention can work for me, thanks.

Im new to all of this but would this not be a turn key system for under $4k and I thought I’ve seen some a bit cheaper but maybe not. What would this kit be missing to make distillate?