Short path existing oxidize distillate

My Distilate is turning red and dark as time goes by obviously. I was wondering if I can just short path it again. Seems entirely possibly, thoughts?

1 Like

Might want to check for atmosphere leaks. What’s your vac look like over the duration of the mains? Does it stay the same, go down, or go up?

1 Like

“as time goes by” are we talking the time during distillation or after as the final product sits?

Oh I’m sorry, I meant after it’s already done and sitting in a jar waiting to be put into a product

could you show us the containers it is stored in ? but yes you could rerun it to clear up the color

wondering if the steps prior or bad containers causing expedited oxidization

If it’s not stored in a sealed container that blocks uv (brown glass etc), with an insert gas, and in an environment that maintains consistent temperature and or a freezer… That could be part of it

exactly what I was thinking (*: have also heard of some using plastic containers causing leaching and was hoping this wasn’t the case .

If you heat the whole jar it will even out the color so its not so noticeable but will continue to happen if not stored properly. I use a convection oven set below 200f

2 Likes

Shoot me a DM I’ll walk you through the solution to your problem

2 Likes