Short distillation, efficiency video

I normally do my first and second stage cut at 145c Steam and 196c temperature in the hot pot, with a 0 micron vacuum. what is the best cutting efficiency for you? I see your comments…

Assuming all of your instruments are accurate…

Your vapor temp is low try wrapping the head in that same rope you have around your boiling flask.

Also am I reading correctly that your stir bar is at 1200 rpm? It may not even be on track and stirring that speed, can you see a vortex in the boiling flask to confirm it’s actually stirring?

4 Likes

Confirm that gauge is set right. Not sure what pump you have but pulling down to 0 micron doesn’t sound right

2 Likes

Hello, it is my second distillation. I’m just going to start and this time I’m using a thermometer, maybe the digital one is not well calibrated, At what temperature do they cut for the third phase?

Is that a thermo well in the top of your head with a thermometer in oil or something? Can you just snap a close up?

Def need to wrap the column up to the discharge down the condenser. If you don’t have more rope use foil.

Shiny side in

Vac level seems fine IF in MICRON MODE but you’re reading it after the cold trap so hard to say.

Temp is 178C? You might not see cannabinoids until 180-185…gotta wrap the columnn though or it will take forever to transfer that heat

Is that 2nd pass? Shit looks like distillate in the flask already…

3 Likes

yes , the flask is dirty .is the first and second phase I always discard them so I almost never clean it, I’m going to cut it at 195C I think, and change the flask to a cleaner one, yes the measurement is in microns /

I was talking about the distillate in the boiling flask. Also temperature is not an infallible indicator. That’s where visual acuity comes into play. Gotta know what you’re looking at

2 Likes