Shatter is too shattery lol

Sooo. May be a stupid question or some may not see it as a problem. My bho shatter is too stable. Pieces go flying when packaging ounces and grams of it. Can only imagine the nightmare it would be to dab it. Smh.
Never had this issue until recently. This new batch of material seems to be the culprit. Is this caused because because of the lack of moisture content in the material? I know the source I got it from stored it in a bedroom running an a/c and dehue to keep it “fresh”. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I believe it could be the material being too dried to a crisp. So I guess if my assumption is correct the real question is what can I do to remedy the issue, not make the shatter so damn stable lol

2 Likes

Terpy or not terpy?

It’s terpy and when heat is applied and jarred for badders it’s gassy.

lay the slab thicker.

9 Likes

The slabs are usually 4/5oz per a tray. Which is pretty thick. I got some pics for you guys. One moment

If They are super thick. Maybe try purging even lower for a bit longer and trapping more terps

1 Like

Had to let this slab sit on heat at 95f for two days just to get it to settle. Smh

6 Likes

We use to purge at 85 for 3+ days. After this slabs muffing up like this we started purging at 90/95f

3 Likes

thats the thickest slab ive ever seen…lol

29 Likes

ive never seen a slab that stable before lol

3 Likes

mix it with some light dep material…they are usually the sappiest…judging by the stability in the pic i would start at 50/50 ratio and adjust per run

2 Likes

Hit it with the heat gun rq, both sides

8 Likes

This is the problem

3 Likes

You could add sauce from another run to help get it softer. Just throw it in the collection pot before you start your run. They will blend together and come out softer

9 Likes

That’s an interesting point.

1 Like

That wouldve been great material to crystalize its probably just low on terps thats why its so dry

9 Likes

Yeah we ran 100# to shatter and the next 200# we’re running to diamonds right now. looking for some insight on how we can adjust to make it not so shattery for the packagers and end users.

1 Like

Looks like you did too good of a job, next time rush it, or start fight with your partner right before you go in haha

13 Likes

Throw it in your collection pot on one of the runs that you are going to turn into diamonds. If it crystallizes idk why you would wast your time with shatter. Just my 2 cents.

6 Likes

I had a couple runs like this. I just applied heat starting at 96°f and went up couple degrees at time until it was easier to work with. It was still shatter just not that crunch as soon as you touch.

3 Likes